the Rift

[OPEN] the world is a teacher - - -

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

keep on walking, soldier girl, home is far behind you

”Fool” he called her….fool… in a small part of her mind, Megaera bristled at the word. The part of her mind that was still clinging to what she’d been taught as a filly wanted to throw the word back at the mature stallion in front of her; wanted to shout and accuse and fight, but she did none of that. So small and distant was the impulse it seemed that Meg wouldn’t have done exactly that only a day before but there was something different now. It seemed the fire had diminished it, all but burned it away.

The next words of his speech fell hard and harsh on her ears. She wanted to shrink from the cold anger in is voice and even more so from the truth of his words. She was and idiot. She was young and stupid and naïve. Her whole life she’d fought for survival but here that had been nothing to fight, no one attacking her. IT had been very mush the opposite. She had met several pegasus in the forest of the threshold and they had welcomed her into their home at Dragon’s Throat. They had offered her a home and friendship and safety, something Meg had jumped at the chance to accept without knowing exactly what that meant. It had all seemed to good to last long, she’d gone looking for trouble. So used to fighting was she that she’d had to seek out something to fight, and she’d nearly gotten herself killed.

She could no longer meet the stallion’s eye. Shame of what he’d seen her do, and how she’d lashed at him in her anger and confusion and fear. Perhaps if she had not been so drained by her fight with her fiery wings, she would not have conceded this defeat so easily, but the terror had broken down her ego, her pride, so much that even this stranger was able to cut her to the core. ”You’re right.” her voice was scratched with smoke and shame as she spoke again. ”I shouldn’t have been so close…and then I saw you and I slipped and…and…” she trailed off as it flashed through her mind again: the fall, the fire, the flight.

She had no idea what to do next, after a beating she’d always been left to her own devices. Able to tend her own sores in peace and now she was more ravaged than she’d ever been and confronted with a massive beast that she had nearly attacked. What would he do is she just turned and walked away? Would she even be able to make it back? She definitely couldn’t fly, and probably wouldn’t until next Birdsong’s moult, and she’s not sure she could find her way back on foot.

“I’m sorry for what I said…” She started, glancing up at the stallion again, but stopped abruptly. He seemed to be shaking with fury and a chill ran down her spine. From fear? Or was the temperature actually dropping? A cracking sound had her eyes darting back to the ground where shards were beginning to spear upwards from around his great hooves. Was that ice? Hastily, she shuffled back a few paces, letting out a short gasp of pain as the raw tip of her right wing scrapped across the rocky earth.

Meg would not be able to maintain the energy to stand straight much longer. Her burned and battered wings already sagged beside her, and the favored each of her two front legs in turn, both sore and sporting burns of their own. ”I’m sorry! I thought you were someone else. I didn’t mean it! I was scared, I wasn’t thinking!” She tried valiantly to keep her voice strong, should was usually so skilled at keeping it cool and steady. But a tremor was in it. She knew that stallion could overtake her and he looked ready for the attack. She’d never be able to run, never be able to fight him off either.

”Stand your ground, girl!”

-lainespeak-
ooc: Working on getting Meg’s stats up. I can do a roll for this damage, right?

FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
the world is a teacher - - - - by Megaera - 12-14-2013, 01:04 PM
RE: the world is a teacher - - - - by Mauja - 12-15-2013, 05:49 AM
RE: the world is a teacher - - - - by Megaera - 12-17-2013, 12:13 AM
RE: the world is a teacher - - - - by Mauja - 12-17-2013, 03:08 PM
RE: the world is a teacher - - - - by Megaera - 12-17-2013, 11:27 PM
RE: the world is a teacher - - - - by Mauja - 12-18-2013, 08:06 AM
RE: the world is a teacher - - - - by Megaera - 12-19-2013, 11:38 PM
RE: the world is a teacher - - - - by Mauja - 12-21-2013, 06:49 AM
RE: the world is a teacher - - - - by Megaera - 12-25-2013, 10:15 PM
RE: the world is a teacher - - - - by Mauja - 12-28-2013, 09:23 AM
RE: the world is a teacher - - - - by Megaera - 01-01-2014, 05:07 PM