the Rift

[OPEN] the world is a teacher - - -

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

keep on walking, soldier girl, home is far behind you

The beast is mad. He’s completely and utterly insane the thought rang through her mind as the mare seemed to realize exactly what she was up against. Her wide eyes darted around his body, taking stock of hos weapons one by one: his jaws, open and trembling with teeth that could pull chunks out of her flesh; his hooves, large and rock-hard, that could break her bones with a well placed kick. And down to the ground where shards of ice extended from the earth. They came from him, and she knew it. Even his body was a weapon, large and thick with muscle. I am completely fucked.

Even as she had started her retreat, he had advanced to match the distance. They weren’t far apart; if he lunged he’d be upon her in seconds. She had only taken a step back, but the change it wrought in him was tangible. She had shown weakness, had shown fear, and he’d responded to it. Megaera had acted like prey and he’d become the predator. ”You should learn to think, then,” she heard the grown and knew that her words had been a mistake, speaking at all had been a mistake. This spotted demon was intent on ripping out her throat and agreeing with him was not going to save her. The fact that she was smaller and slighter than he, that she was injured and fighting off terror meant nothing. She’d delivered herself from the fire strait into the path of a monster.

Night was falling in earnest now and not twinkling lights broth the dark sky. Not even the stars cared to watch her die, it seemed… And that’s certainly what she though was coming. She couldn’t think what to do, she could never think well under pressure, and even if she had time to think she could not have hoped to escape. Her brain seemed to scream inward, FLY! but she couldn’t with her flight feathers burned away.

He took another step closer.

Her next move was as reckless as any she’d ever taken, but what choice did she have? An injured rabbit will still bite at the wolf that tries to catch it. Running on adrenalin, she pulled herself up onto her hind legs, charred wings flapping widely, sending burned pieces of feather flying through the air. There were no words, but her yell was long and it’s meaning clear: BACK OFF! She came crashing down and lunged forward, crossing the short distance in an instant. Still red where the fire had bitten at it, her muzzle led the way, lashing towards the stallion’s seething face. She came up just sort of him, teeth snapping and hooves sending dirt and dust into the air. A vicious snort came from her lungs and coal eyes blazed, intent on his ice-blue ones.

It wasn’t a bluff really; she had no plans on surviving this encounter. She’d fight, tooth and nail, until the bitter end and in this certainty on death, her fears left her. If I’m going down I’m taking this fucker down with me!

-lainespeak-
ooc: That’s perfectly alright! I’m lovin ~Mad Majua~ You’ve got free reign, just don’t kill my baby girl xP

Messages In This Thread
the world is a teacher - - - - by Megaera - 12-14-2013, 01:04 PM
RE: the world is a teacher - - - - by Mauja - 12-15-2013, 05:49 AM
RE: the world is a teacher - - - - by Megaera - 12-17-2013, 12:13 AM
RE: the world is a teacher - - - - by Mauja - 12-17-2013, 03:08 PM
RE: the world is a teacher - - - - by Megaera - 12-17-2013, 11:27 PM
RE: the world is a teacher - - - - by Mauja - 12-18-2013, 08:06 AM
RE: the world is a teacher - - - - by Megaera - 12-19-2013, 11:38 PM
RE: the world is a teacher - - - - by Mauja - 12-21-2013, 06:49 AM
RE: the world is a teacher - - - - by Megaera - 12-25-2013, 10:15 PM
RE: the world is a teacher - - - - by Mauja - 12-28-2013, 09:23 AM
RE: the world is a teacher - - - - by Megaera - 01-01-2014, 05:07 PM