the Rift

[OPEN] The Fire

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

keep on walking, soldier girl, home is far behind you

Meg had noticed Alina’s moments of discomfort, the signs of anxiety that has replaced her embarrassed expression. It seemed that the young dove had expected a reprimand for foolishness, almost shrinking away from Meg before she responded. The mare thought she knew at least some of the feelings causing this reaction, though she’d been conditioned to respond with fight instead of flight. She’d had to stand her ground or she’d have gotten it twice as bad.

Alina visibly relaxed when the mare spoke, and Meg returned the smile with one of her own. It may have been unpracticed, even a little awkward, but it was genuine and the blossoming affection for her new friend could not be mistaken. ”I don’t know how qualified I am to be an advisor, but I will help where I can. I only recently went through the same thing myself.”

She watched the mare yawn, and chuckled softly at her words and stretched her head upwards to survey the heavens”It is getting awfully late, the stars are out in force now.” She brought her head back down as the dove started to bed down next to the fire’s warmth. Her eager ears swiveled round towards the other in concern as she arranged her tender scarred legs under her. She hesitated for barely a moment at the request, but then quietly settled herself beside Alina, and on pure impulse, stretched out a wide brown-cloaked- wing to cover the girl. "Sleep then, little sister, the fire and I will keep watch for you.”

Offering comfort was a new milestone for Megaera. She’d only ever been moved to do so for one other creature, and that seemed so very long ago now the impulse had been all but forgotten. Here with the night pressing close around her, kept at bay only by the little patch of dancing flames, she felt a surge of affection and a drive to protect her new friend. The little white mare had such an untarnished sweetness that though it was so different from Meg’s nature, the older mare could not help falling into the role of big sister above and beyond the call of heard-mates. She reminds me of Tanna she thought, remembering her childhood friend. I couldn’t protect her…. But this time will be different. If Dragon’s Throat was to be her home, she’d have to learn to redefine her idea of home, and redefine her notion of family. Megaera would make them her own, and she would protect them.

[lainespeak]
Notes: Thanks Rover! And sorry about the delay!

Messages In This Thread
The Fire - by Alina - 12-14-2013, 06:29 PM
RE: The Fire - by Megaera - 12-15-2013, 01:06 AM
RE: The Fire - by Alina - 12-15-2013, 08:57 AM
RE: The Fire - by Megaera - 12-17-2013, 10:02 PM
RE: The Fire - by Alina - 12-20-2013, 04:55 PM
RE: The Fire - by Megaera - 12-21-2013, 08:50 PM
RE: The Fire - by Alina - 12-26-2013, 03:01 PM
RE: The Fire - by Megaera - 12-30-2013, 04:08 AM
RE: The Fire - by Alina - 01-08-2014, 03:00 PM
RE: The Fire - by Megaera - 01-08-2014, 03:56 PM