the Rift

[JUDGED] Instinct [open spar!]

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
I was definitely a creature of the night. My limbs flexed and pulled as I shot from the darkness in a movement which Innerste would call elegant, Schwere would call direct, Unheil would label dangerous, and Liebling would claim to be graceful. A smile was pulling at the corners of my maw as I watched the dark figure against the night sky yank her head up, the well-formed body following after it. The winged Ghost's cloven hooves were blocking exactly where my horn would have hit, had I the mind to actually continue with the attack. But, with the subtle shift in my frame I change the frontal attack to one from the side and I feel the tug on my horn as it connects with her flesh, digs in, and then cuts at least the surface of her pelt open in a jagged line.

A laugh is escaping my lips as I listen to her grunt and then the thud of her hooves as she connects with the ground. I'm not positive exactly where my horn met her flesh, but I know it is somewhere in the vicinity of her shoulder, and that only brings a wider grin to my face. I can feel the blood as it drips from my horn and pools around my forehead. Perhaps her wings will be my next target. Rip them. Maim them. The sky will be your enemy! Schwere is ordering as I stop the thundering of my hooves and allow my two hind legs to dig down deep into the earth while my ears twitch back with the sound of beating wings. The laugh is continuing, and I'm turning around on haunches to face the direction the mare was going to be arriving from. I train my yellow orbs upon the sky as I search for her frame that is only a silhouette in the night sky against the faint rays of light.

She's going to hit you. And you're going to fall. Fall down and lose, like the little hundin you are. Unheil is going off on his tangents again, so I am pinning my ears at the mere sound of his voice as it crawls around my cranium in an attempt to distract me. I will say that the distraction worked - but only for a minuscule second, because with the sound of wings getting closer to my frame I am focused on the black figure that is coming toward me from the sky close to my right side, but the back end of my muscled frame. She could be trying to pull a bluff, as my successful one had been earlier. But, I would like to see that happen when she's beginning to numb.

I'm laughing as I start to move forward, my soul grasping onto her wiggling one and carefully plucking it from it's vessel. I don't have the time to concentrate on keeping the soul away from it's breathing ship, but it is long enough that her flint has clipped against my muscle, something that will no doubt bruise in the near future. I push off using my left side to spin around toward the, hopefully, disgruntled mare, and it is when my back right leg is forced to bear weight that I can feel the thudding pain confirming my belief that my haunch will bruise over later. Wings. Attack her wings! Schwere is continuing to order as I ignore the pain, laughing through it once more, and go straight into a full out run to cover the few paces of distance that seemed to be between us. Her soul is the only one I hear whimpering right now, and my horn continues to aim as if I am going for her right foreleg. Again, at the last second, I slice my horn upwards to where her right wing joint had been at the beginning of the charge, hoping that maybe I'd get a few feathers skewered to my horn as a trophy.

It was time to make life difficult for the devil of the skies...

It was time to see how she favored when someone was gifted with a magic meant to give you far more than an out of body experience...

[709/800] - words
[2/3] - attack
[0/1] - closing defense
Seele
you better run to survive, before she makes you her latest slaughter
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Messages In This Thread
Instinct [open spar!] - by Ghost - 12-15-2013, 07:26 PM