the Rift

[PRIVATE] Screamed so loud I'm hoarse

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!

onni.</style>

Herbs, always gathering herbs. With Tallsun gone, the settlement of Orangemoon puts to bed many of Onni's favorite flowers, but there are some plants that prefer the chill of an autumn morning to the constant warm embrace of the summer sun. They are not as beautiful, nor as elegant as the parade of flowers when donned the world in Tallsun, but perhaps more useful. Grasses of strange colors, shapes, shoots, sizes, they grow in shadows or in the yellowing valleys of the meadow.

The sudden slam of a body upon the ground, however, so sharp and distinct, draws the pale eyes away from the fascinating herbs and toward the origin of the sound. Ears pert, eyes wide, pale face drawn in worry, Onni scans the field, her heart pounding with disquiet. A lone blue feather, striped with black and highlighted a lightning shade, sails on air currents before her. Lyhty sails upward in the air, tracing back the direction of the fallen plumage, his beady little eyes racing. The shaman walks slowly into the wind, her nostrils flared to pick up on a scent.

A rush of iron and warmth fills her lungs, the unforgettable smell of blood.

Cast away in the grasses of the field, the small songbird sees the crippled figure of black and blue. Onni remembers it, suddenly, the figure which had raced across the sky against the fiery salamander monster in the Heart. Her hooves pick up a trot, bringing her swiftly toward the side of the almost stranger, pale face and eyes looking warmly down, glowing frame producing an aura of calm confidence, even if her heart shook in her chest.

Eyes squint, looking and mentally noting the barrage of injuries upon her body. Who had done this? Such needless violence, Onni believes, her calm smile still taut upon her features. So concerned with the health of this comrade, the mare does not notice the glimmer of vibrant golden yellow in the mare's mane. Instead, Onni simply breathes out slowly, calmly.

"It will be alright," she says, confident despite her uncertainty. "Hold on just a little longer for me."

[ Lemme know if you would rather post Cirrus first, Whit, and I can move/edit things around for you. ^^ ]
WHAT IS TO GIVE LIGHT MUST ENDURE BURNING.
credits: aquiloniuslupus, hjr-photography, chocomix, and roar-shack-stock @ dA.com
& wolfgangstaudt @ flickr
 just enough dark to see</style>
  how you're the light over me.</style>

Messages In This Thread
Screamed so loud I'm hoarse - by Ampere - 12-17-2013, 02:33 PM
RE: Screamed so loud I'm hoarse - by Onni - 12-26-2013, 04:19 PM
RE: Screamed so loud I'm hoarse - by Eribor - 12-27-2013, 03:58 AM
RE: Screamed so loud I'm hoarse - by Ampere - 01-01-2014, 03:33 PM