the Rift

[OPEN] Even Rabbits Make History [Nasreen, Open]

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable
When you're down and troubled and you need a helping hand,
And nothing, nothing's going right
Close your eyes and think of me and soon I will be there
To brighten up even your darkest nights

A cool breeze played with Nasreen’s mane as she hurried after her new protector. She did not know exactly where the mare was leading her, but Kahlua’s gentle and friendly demeanor had won her over almost instantly, and Nasreen trusted her. Comforted by a presence that was already beginning to feel familiar, she found herself opening up to the stranger as they moved along. Kahlua kept her well entertained with her delightful chatter, silly stories pouring from her lips as they passed into quite a different part of the wood. And Nasreen laughed right along with her, her unapologetically girlish giggle ringing through the forest now that she was no longer the lost little thing she had been this morning. Well, she mused, perhaps still a bit lost, but soon enough I’ll be un-lost, and that’s all that matters. Kahlua would help her; she’d promised.

So, the pair hastened along together, Kahlua’s voice rising and falling with her current tale, and Nasreen’s interrupting occasionally with a question or a chortle. The stories were simple anecdotes, common experiences, and on several occasions she almost interjected with her own, similar, tales. The memories would be on the tip of her tongue, however, when they would recall the memory of Amaya—the one who had shared many of these moments with her—and with that, the stories would die in her throat, untold, pushed aside by laughter at Kahlua’s next remark.

This continued until they reached a break in the trees. Up ahead, Nasreen could see something large, sparkling in the faded light and stretching along the ground as far as her eye could see. As they drew closer, Nasreen discovered that it was a wall. Was this Kahlua’s kingdom? She hadn’t seen anything this magnificent since…

“Welcome to the World’s Edge,” Kahlua told her, stepping through the narrow break in the wall. Nasreen put a careful nose to the structure, expecting it to be cold like ice or sharp like crystal…but it was neither. “I haven’t seen something this beautiful since leaving Th’orqui,” she breathed, gazing up at the wall. “What is it made of?” she asked curiously, reaching out to touch its smooth sides again. “Why is it here?”

Remembering that Kahlua stood on the other side, Nasreen too stepped through the opening, holding her wings close to her body. Still, the tips of her longest feathers trailed along the sides of the wall, kissing their reflections. Kahlua had asked her if she needed medicines earlier, and with a suddenly heavy heart, she shook her head. “Not unless you’ve got anything to cure sadness,” she replied. The mere confession brought the tears back into her eyes, and this time, she couldn’t stop them. Childishly, she sought comfort in this new stranger-turned-friend, and the whole story came tumbling out: her fuzzy memories of a home far away, the confusion of her escape, and most of all Amaya—Amaya the maidservant turned mother, sister, friend, and her only remaining connection to Th’orqui, who was now gone.

“I don’t know what I would have done if you hadn’t found me,” she finished, most of her sobs quieter now. Nasreen had buried her face in the mare’s mane, and she blinked up at Kahlua now through clear grey eyes, sadness and gratitude shining in her face.

OOC: she’s a little…forward, sorry Cx
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Even Rabbits Make History [Nasreen, Open] - by Nasreen - 12-18-2013, 01:36 AM