the Rift

beneath the waves

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow

She nodded in acknowledgement of the other mare's name, filing it away for future use. Evangeline then mentioned that Isilme had possessed an ocean, and the girl's brow arched in curiosity. She had lived out all her Isilme life in the Woodlands, where the trees were large enough to walk on but the only water came from rivers and streams flowing between the undergrowth. Her mother hadn't wanted her to go exploring, for fear she would flee her cruel treatment and not return - Querida had wanted her firstborn daughter close, to bully and to mould into her vision of perfection. "ah, yes, i remember you saying you were from isilme. where did you reside? my mother was queen of the mystic woodlands, and i never ventured far from there." A large part of that had been due to her being born blind - she hadn't dared go further than the places she knew. Even when she had regained her sight, everything had been so terrifying that it was better to stay in the relative safety of the forest.

Her wary gaze shot to the dragon as he woke and yawned, and she paid special attention to his mouth full of dangerous-looking fangs. He stretched his neck out towards her and the mare instinctively took a step back; instantly feeling rude and self-conscious, she took a tentative step forwards and forced a smile at the dragon. "hello there, tallis," she greeted, feeling rather stupid. As far as she knew, dragons were dumb beasts without thoughts or feelings - she was more concerned with insulting Evangeline than the dragon himself. The palomino explained why the water tasted so bad, and Nyx nodded her understanding. No wonder she now felt more thirsty than ever before - the salt had only added to her dehydration. "ah, that explains it. i've never seen such a thing before - i've spent most of my life on the open plains, you see." Her hooves sank further into the sand and she had to shift to prevent herself being sucked in further. She dipped her head to snuffle a nearby stone, then jerked away with a snort as the stone grew legs and pincers and scuttled away sideways into the lapping waves. Odder and odder.

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.

Messages In This Thread
beneath the waves - by Nyx - 12-19-2013, 07:52 AM
RE: beneath the waves - by Evangeline - 12-21-2013, 05:26 PM
RE: beneath the waves - by Nyx - 12-22-2013, 09:29 PM
RE: beneath the waves - by Evangeline - 01-06-2014, 11:06 PM
RE: beneath the waves - by Nyx - 01-07-2014, 07:28 PM
RE: beneath the waves - by Evangeline - 01-30-2014, 08:25 PM
RE: beneath the waves - by Nyx - 02-01-2014, 07:58 PM