the Rift

beneath the waves

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali

The mention of the Mystic Woodlands made Evangeline's chest tighten painfully. She blinked her eyes as they became misty and stared hard at the ocean as she listened to Nyx. It felt strange hearing her say that her mother had been Queen of the very forest that she had been Queen of in the time before Isilme fell. It had been a long and difficult road she'd traveled to get where she was and she had never anticipated that it would have happened. "I lived in the Woodlands." She finally answered Nyx. "There was a huge tree... the trunk was hollowed out. It was big enough for me to shelter in it most of my life." It had become her home when she'd finally given up on looking for her parents and finally accepted that they hadn't wanted her.

"I... I was Queen of that forest." She said as her emerald gaze found Nyx once more. "My best friend ruled with me and we tried so hard to make sure everyone was safe and happy." She frowned as she thought about some of the horses that had lived in the forest with them. She hadn't understood a few of them and their desire to hurt anything that was alive and breathing. She hadn't understood Roanne's infatuation with a mare who was nothing but a rotten apple threatening to rot the rest of them around her. "The Woodlands always had a bad reputation.. monsters, cannibals, and all that nonsense. We tried to fix it... but..." She sighed and shook her head. "Talking to a lot of the others in Isilme was like talking to a rock." She would have said trees, but that wouldn't be true since the Tome Guardian had gifted her with knowledge that allowed her to speak to trees and bend them to her will.

As Nyx greeted Tallis the dragon trilled then ducked his head and a shy manner, but the dragon was anything but shy. Eva supposed it was his instincts that told him that it wouldn't be wise to try to land on the unicorn and walk around on her back and play in her mane like he would any other horse that would allow him. His orange head tilted as Nyx sniffed at a rock that scuttled for the water. Immediately the dragon launched himself from his bonded's back and swooped down after the crab. It had just made it to the water before the dragon grabbed it in his clawed hands. It pinched him and he screeched then dropped it on the sand, swooped down and grabbed it again. He held it more carefully this time as he made his way back to Nyx, holding his prize so she could see it.

"."

@[Nyx]

Messages In This Thread
beneath the waves - by Nyx - 12-19-2013, 07:52 AM
RE: beneath the waves - by Evangeline - 12-21-2013, 05:26 PM
RE: beneath the waves - by Nyx - 12-22-2013, 09:29 PM
RE: beneath the waves - by Evangeline - 01-06-2014, 11:06 PM
RE: beneath the waves - by Nyx - 01-07-2014, 07:28 PM
RE: beneath the waves - by Evangeline - 01-30-2014, 08:25 PM
RE: beneath the waves - by Nyx - 02-01-2014, 07:58 PM