the Rift

beneath the waves

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow

She watched the other mare's gaze slip to the ocean, and remained silent as she spoke. At the mention of the hollowed-out tree, Nyx's expression shifted to a wistful smile, her own eyes growing glazed. The trees in the Woodlands had been truly remarkable - large enough for some of the branches to be used as bridges, leaves the size of ponds and trunks that could take minutes to circumnavigate. It had been a magnificent place, one the steel soldier held close to her heart. Her features turned curious as Evangeline spoke of being Queen of the Woodlands, and she tried to work out how the timelines would have worked. It must have been after Querida left, else the Woodlands would not have been up for the claim of another. "It was a stunning place. My mother ruled for a couple of years, and I think she was training me to become leader after her. I've never been the leadership sort, though. " She snorted at the very thought. Things like this were the only way she could justify her dam's behaviour towards her - why else would Querida have treated her firstborn like scum if not to groom her into queenhood?

At the talk of the Woodlands' reputation, Nyx's expression grew cold. She had heard of the numerous wars that reigned through Isilme during the first year of her life, and knew the Woodlands often had a hand in them. "My mother was one such monster," she mused, her voice full of the pain of the memories that flew around her. But the LightningQueen, for all her flaws, hadn't been a cannibal - that title was saved for Oblivion, who had ruled long before Nyx was even an urge in her father's loins. But the DemonKing had lived in the Woodlands when Nyx had - her mother had allied with him. The 'bad reputation' Evangeline spoke of was almost entirely caused by people Nyx grew up around, and the thought filled her with guilt. "But yes, Isilmians were a stubborn lot. A warmongering lot, as well. At one point, the Woodlands was the only herd which allowed all species to join - the other lands were too blinded by their racism." There was a subtle disgust in the mare's voice, brought on through years of hating the racism that ran rife in the veins of far too many.

She watched as the dragon swooped and caught the moving-rock, before being pinched and dropping it. She couldn't help but smile at the scaled animal's antics as he grabbed the crab again and showed it to her. It was a strange looking thing, all crusty and wiggling in the firm grasp of Tallis' claws, and she resisted the urge to sniff it for fear of losing a nostril. "Good catch," she complimented the dragon, feeling herself warming to him despite her initial fear.

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.

Messages In This Thread
beneath the waves - by Nyx - 12-19-2013, 07:52 AM
RE: beneath the waves - by Evangeline - 12-21-2013, 05:26 PM
RE: beneath the waves - by Nyx - 12-22-2013, 09:29 PM
RE: beneath the waves - by Evangeline - 01-06-2014, 11:06 PM
RE: beneath the waves - by Nyx - 01-07-2014, 07:28 PM
RE: beneath the waves - by Evangeline - 01-30-2014, 08:25 PM
RE: beneath the waves - by Nyx - 02-01-2014, 07:58 PM