the Rift

[DROP] Who can sail when the winds won't blow [SS Drop]

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
It was not the first time I had observed the frolicking of whales from the cliffside. Their songs were strangely draconic; deep, mournful, musical, and seemed to travel great distances through the ocean, to crash upon the land, where I felt its vibrations travel up through my slender limbs and stroke the very beating of my heart. That the beasts were so large, so grand and graceful, so powerful, lords of the sea - like dragons are lords of the sky - I think, made them so appealing to me. Sometimes I wished to be able to reply, to communicate with them, to express my admiration. But all I can do is stand, and watch, and listen. I feel the meaning of their songs, more than anything else.

Sam and Nyth keep me company, but only for so long. Soon, they fade, and I am left in peace, with nothing but the song of the whales humming in my soul, and the crashing of the ocean pounding at the borders of my home. I spread my wings, and on a whim, a windy and whimsical breeze, I flew from the cliff, mane and tail whipping, golden eyes and scales gleaming brightly in the muted light of the Moon's night.

Driftwood drifted along the shoreline, and I wondered, what was driftwood? Where did it come from? Was it something else before it became waste, junk, lost? Another soul wanders the beach. I sing to him as I fly by, my voice a curious mix of dragon and equine songs. His attention is focussed upon the wood, and so mine too is drawn to the shallows. A curious object rests amongst it, and with a gasp, I hastily make to land in the knee deep waters, spraying the saline liquid in a wave that evolves into thousands of ripples. Folding my wings down, I nicker, mostly an equine sound now, a greeting to the others present.

"It is an egg." I murmur, quietly, confidently. I know that much, I have seen Akaith's nests, but this one was different - I wasn't entirely sure what could be hiding within it. I look curiously at it, and to the other steed present, wondering what would be done next.

wishlist - black dragon
background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who can sail when the winds won't blow [SS Drop] - by Amaris - 12-19-2013, 06:29 PM
RE: Who can sail when the winds won't blow [SS Drop] - by Sikeax - 12-19-2013, 09:24 PM