the Rift

[OPEN] Quest Drop #11 Dark | Wind

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

Silence interrupted

The Goddess' light gaze fell upon Phaedra, her velvety lips turning upwards in a sneer. She had been impressed with the resolve that the girl had shown so long ago, when her body had been cursed and broken - it had showed a kind of strength that the Goddess respected. But she did like to brag about her troubles, now didn't she? "You've certainly done well for yourself, spy" The Goddess replied, before turning her attention elsewhere.

Her gaze fell upon the industrious glazier of her herd. The mare possessed far more muscle than the Goddess' own standards of beauty permitted, but there was still something about her...something fitting. "Hello daughter of the Edge." She offered with a smile. She had heard that Kahlua and another had made creations for each of the other herds...and while this did not necessarily displease the Goddess, she did indeed wonder why such lengths were needed. Was her herd not strong? Were they not hidden in the night, and in the mists? Constantly under her watch? Regardless..."Your work has not gone unnoticed, Glazier." The Goddess exhaled, and a silvery mist bloomed from her wings, softly ebbing towards Kahlua. The mist began to glow, and then settle gently around her form, finally covering the mare completely before disappearing. "Let your hooves rest for now, there are faster ways to travel."

Next the Goddess turned to look at Illynx, Lady who ruled over the formed home of d'Art and Mesec. While she hadn't been informed of what prompted those decisions - the minds of mortals can be so fleeting - it had come to her attention that the Basin had changed somewhat. In the mare's mind, the Goddess could see the magic that she wished for. "You who are under the watch of my brother, come seeking me, and wish for a combination of magics? Just where do your loyalties lay, Lady?"

However the Goddess' attention is drawn away, as Oxy crashed at her hooves. With clear disdain in her gaze, her lilac shape retreats a few steps, nose held high with disgust. Maybe she ought to return to the veins - this sort of nonsense never happened there. And if it did...well, the sea was always there to swallow up all who annoyed her.

Next, a small voice caught her attention, but it wasn't so much the voice, but the smell. This was a child of d'Art's, surely. "I am indeed, young one." She cooed softly, stepping towards him. In his mind, she saw another like him - a twin, she assumed - and the gift that he sought. Were her mood more foul, she might have thought the sentiment stupid and meaningless, but today it struck her as resourceful. After all, what other options did these mortals have, for keeping their own safe? "I see what you desire, dark one" She whispered softly. "Take this - and keep it safe" - In his mane a bright red flower suddenly bloomed. The magic that bound it to the course strands, only extended insofar as it held it there - but the blossom itself was unprotected. "If you wish to protect him darling, you must know what it is to hurt another, and to be prepared to lose. Keep this flower safe until then."

Pulling away, she turned to Micha, lilac nostrils flared slightly. "No darling, I am not. I am all of the stars that are swallowed in the darkness. But you are too young for what you seek...perhaps you shall find me again later, when you've grown."

Confutatis' dark mind pulls her interest, and the Goddess' moonlit gaze turns to her without emotion. She approves of the dark mare's efforts, however misguided they might be. Speaking directly to Confutatis' mind, the Goddess offered these words of advice: "You sneer at the one who sparkles beside you, but you lost to her herd. She glistens, while you hide in the darkness. She makes allies, while you make enemies. I know what you seek...but you must be patient. You must become the darkness, not merely hide in it. You cannot do this alone, dark one, you must fool them. Fool them into following you."

Lastly, as if to reinforce her message to Confutatis, she nodded welcomingly to Eris, co-leader of the crazed band that she had heard so much about. This mare, Confutatis should strive to emulate - she and others like her. In her mind, she saw an image of a bird, and frowned slightly. A bird? How common. But...mortals often did baffle her. "Alright Dark Empress. Find me the components of what you seek: feathers, a bird skull, and bones. But this alone you understand, will not create the life you desire. For your companion to live, another must die. When you have all of the items you seek, and you have crushed the life from another, you shall have your companion."

Congratulations!

Kahlua has been gifted the ability to turn into mist once again. This will last for two weeks.

Sacre has been given a quest! He now has a red flower in his mane - he must either attack, steal from, or hurt in some way of his choosing, three others who he has nothing against, or that he will likely suffer bad consequences from doingso.

Eris has been given a quest! She must find bird feathers (from an actual companion), a bird skull (separate thread), and bones (again, separate thread). Then she must kill another for her companion to have life - this can either be a character, or NPC'd. Tag the RE account once this is complete.

Messages In This Thread
Quest Drop #11 Dark | Wind - by God of the Moon - 12-19-2013, 12:28 PM
RE: Quest Drop #11 Dark | Wind - by Phaedra - 12-19-2013, 01:27 PM
RE: Quest Drop #11 Dark | Wind - by Kahlua - 12-19-2013, 01:31 PM
RE: Quest Drop #11 Dark | Wind - by Illynx - 12-19-2013, 01:46 PM
RE: Quest Drop #11 Dark | Wind - by Oxy - 12-19-2013, 01:51 PM
RE: Quest Drop #11 Dark | Wind - by Sacre - 12-19-2013, 07:21 PM
RE: Quest Drop #11 Dark | Wind - by Micha - 12-20-2013, 08:53 AM
RE: Quest Drop #11 Dark | Wind - by Confutatis - 12-20-2013, 10:56 AM
RE: Quest Drop #11 Dark | Wind - by Eris_ - 12-21-2013, 06:21 PM
RE: Quest Drop #11 Dark | Wind - by God of the Moon - 12-23-2013, 01:03 PM
RE: Quest Drop #11 Dark | Wind - by Illynx - 12-23-2013, 03:51 PM