the Rift

Forget-me-not

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
Another day dawned, another day for the girl to make her way to the Threshold, to find a new friend, to bring home someone new to the Edge. She was busy here, finding recruiting, bringing home and settling in newcomers as quickly as she could gather them. New members were the life of the herd, and Kahlua was doing her best to bring a lost soul home as often as she could. Of course, so many that she brought home left just as soon. Where they went was beyond the girl, perhaps back to their homelands where they came? The thought made her frown, shake her head, sigh. How many had she lost? How many had she introduced to the woods only to see never again? It was unfortunate, disheartening to a less simple soul, but the girl toiled on, because she wanted to be the best.

She was Glazier, of course, certainly nothing wrong with the pursuit, but there was always more favor from leaders to be won, more respect to be had. For once in her life, the girl was finally respected. She had been the laughing stock in Avalon, a princess with not enough time on her hands doing her best to seduce any man who would fall for her wild charms, trying to become a queen through trickery and false promises of love. But here it was different, she didn't have to flaunt her body. She had found work, something to keep her occupied.... and she was good at it!

Her bouncy trot took her into the forest, blue eyes searching eagerly for a fresh new face to call her own. On occasion she saw someone of another herd that she knew, whinnying out a welcome sound, but never stopping. They were all here for a reason- there was no time for idle chat (though the girl really wouldn't have minded all too much). Then something caught her eye, a movement through the trees, and the girl slowed to a walk to see what exactly it was.

At first the girl thought it was trickery, an illusion of this strange forest, but it seemed to her that there was a tree that was moving. Not the gentle swaying of the boughs above caused by the wind, but actually moving, walking through the forest. Her eyes narrowed, head shaking, but the illusion did not vanish. And then the girl realized that there was a body attacked to the tree. Her heart almost broke and she quickly tried to get closer to the filly, even disregarding the fact that she was not especially fond of foals.

“OH! You poor thing!” Kahlua's dancing soprano fell out with genuine concern laced through her voice, the girl's eyes becoming moist at the terrible trouble the filly was in. “I was cursed too once. Oh! But nothing so bad at this, it was only mushrooms, and OH! I'm so sorry!” And the girl rambled on a little bit longer, rushing through the story of how she had been cursed by some wicked vulture that had made her wear mushrooms on her rump, but how Alysanne had saved her. “But then Aly told me to stand under the sun, because mushrooms hate being dry, and they went away and it worked!” And for a second she hesitated, wondering if plants were the same as mushrooms, but continuing on without ever finding an answer. “Maybe standing in the sun would work for you too!” Her was was still full of concern as she inspected the tree on the mare's back, eyes still moist as she thought about how terrible the day of her curse had been.

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
Forget-me-not - by Fig - 12-20-2013, 12:30 AM
RE: Forget-me-not - by Kahlua - 12-20-2013, 12:58 PM
RE: Forget-me-not - by Fig - 12-22-2013, 11:30 PM
RE: Forget-me-not - by Kahlua - 12-23-2013, 05:18 PM
RE: Forget-me-not - by Fig - 12-28-2013, 10:22 PM
RE: Forget-me-not - by Kahlua - 12-30-2013, 11:12 PM
RE: Forget-me-not - by Fig - 12-31-2013, 12:02 AM
RE: Forget-me-not - by Kahlua - 01-01-2014, 11:30 PM