Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
and it's like you're shouting out my name in the dark
but I can't hear
because there's ice in my heart.
“Vam—what?” He didn't know what he'd expected, if anything at all; blank looks, confusion... He'd said it for the hell of it, to have anything to say at all to these two outlandish creatures, and as a sort of payback for "bounce". But he had to admit: it was pretty entertaining, his lips curling into a small, smug little smile of pleasure as she started ranting about what a "vamoose" could be, coming up with all sorts of crazy theories. The black moron himself was silent though, as if no one was home, and for all Mauja knew, that could very well be the case. He wasn't dead, at least, because he moved, and the mare's amusing theories rose into a crescendo before the end.

And that, was less amusing. Mauja's ears flicked backwards as her voice penetrated the night, loud and clear in the former peace; it rolled out across wave and sand and, most uncomfortably, into his sensitive ears. What the..? He just stood staring at the pair for a while, disbelief written in every line of his face. What the hell was going on here? Was he..? Yeah. He was. A piece of the mare's ample, insect-like hair was trapped in the stallion's mouth, and like a huge, slow puppy playing with some poor toy he was tugging on it, and all the while the mare was screaming. Mauja's blue eyes were wide. This was definitely the weirdest thing he'd ever been through. Am I dreaming?

But her piercing voice was too real, too loud, and for another few seconds of dumbfounded limbo he just stared. Why wasn't she.. doing anything? Why did she just stand there and scream?

Then all of a sudden, with a crackling noise like static, she disappeared into thin air. Mauja just remained where he was, staring dumbly at the place where she'd been, wondering if this was how empty-minded the black stallion felt. “The fuck?” said stallion said, and turned his eyes accusingly on Mauja, who just raised his 'brows. "Wasn't me," he responded with a careless shrug. The night could hardly get weirder, most of his barriers blown away by the bizarre encounter; he'd never had any practice dealing with lunatics, and the best thing to do seemed to be to.. fit in. Pretend he was as bonkers as they were. Then they wouldn't notice he was different and attack him, right? Right. Because honestly, they seemed the totally nuts sort. It wouldn't surprise him at all if they had some secret ritual of eating hearts, or something (though he was sure he could deal with that). Feeling both dreamy and incredibly alert, Mauja turned his head as the foul-smelling Tiny did. And true enough, there in the shallows was the mare, mumbling under her breath and doing some jig in the current. He was awake enough to realize she was dragging her hair through the water, and snorted quietly. What a raw, emotional creature; doing and saying whatever came to mind. In a way, it was endearing—and fascinating. Had he ever lacked that kind of inhibition?

Beside him, the bulky stallion was awkwardly climbing to his feet. It seemed no small feat, and Mauja's 'brows shot upwards again. What was wrong with this horse? He could barely stand, much less climb to his feet, and when he finally stood again it looked like he'd fall over any moment. “We're not just gonna let her go, right? Vamoose?” Wait, what? When had they become "we"? Was everyone on this goddamn beach intent on pairing him up with this stinky behemoth? And what did he mean, "let her go"? Was he somehow under the impression that Mauja wanted to eat hair, too? That they should, what, take one strand each and pull on like idiots? And was he calling him Vamoose, now? Bewildered Mauja watched as the hulking, unsteady beast set off at a trot, expecting him to fall over any moment, but miraculously, the great beast remained on all four. "What the hell is wrong with you?" he muttered under his breath as he set off after the black beast, his own path straighter, his gait smoother; he lengthened his stride with ease across the hard-packed wet sand, and without really reflecting over the incredible stupidity of his own night-time brain, he set out to try and shoulder Tiny's ass slightly from the right, wondering if it'd send the stallion tripping over his own nose and faceplanting into the water.
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
General Children, All My Hospital - by Roskuld - 12-21-2013, 03:15 PM
RE: General Children, All My Hospital - by Oxy - 12-21-2013, 04:11 PM
RE: General Children, All My Hospital - by Mauja - 12-22-2013, 05:52 AM
RE: General Children, All My Hospital - by Oxy - 12-23-2013, 11:21 PM
RE: General Children, All My Hospital - by Mauja - 12-25-2013, 05:47 AM
RE: General Children, All My Hospital - by Oxy - 01-01-2014, 02:44 AM
RE: General Children, All My Hospital - by Mauja - 01-01-2014, 07:22 AM
RE: General Children, All My Hospital - by Oxy - 01-06-2014, 06:44 PM
RE: General Children, All My Hospital - by Mauja - 01-08-2014, 06:09 AM
RE: General Children, All My Hospital - by Oxy - 01-11-2014, 09:07 PM