the Rift

[OPEN] how shall i aspire to heaven?

Godiva Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The shadows of night had become stale, now paled by the break of dawn. Dark wings were thunder, her eyes violent, carmine imbued flame, glossy furnaces almost childishly bright with glee – she reveled at the warm winds clawing through the wild decadence of tempestuous locks, which streamed around her and whipped her skin; this was bliss, for the burning skies of the desert where again her home. This realm was another mother, far from the bosom of hellfire sands heaving skyward that had birthed her, a place of fire, of barbaric storms of lightning and wind and sand, mere ornamentation's of a place possessing such alien beauty…the oblate ground and lush oasis of the Throat were far kinder, a more modest entity when compared to the scarlet witch realm, this new eden so lush that the mare would have feared becoming soft, if not well aware of the rigidity bred into her by the unbridled dynamism of her prior home.

Her interest would never entirely stray from the skies, but the secrecy of the land, with it’s hidden corners and secret places a plenty naturally drew her inquiring eye as well; she had not even been here for a season, and there was still much to enjoy. Godiva descended alongside the great tree’s base with little fanfare, she coasting in a weightless, circling fall from the heaven’s to alight amongst the gnarled arms of it’s sprawling roots. The shock of impact trembled through willowy leg to breast as a gilt hoof delivered the avian figure to the ground, her mane tossed back in a feminine flourish of her neck, still slick with sweat and beading dew. She had fallen among the lush green carpet of the oasis garden, and stood silently admiring the fortitude of the flora that managed to blossom in a place of such heat; even the cool descent of fall had done little to lessen the sun’s presence, though she much enjoyed the familiar sting at her back, drying her wings of the cloud’s breath and the ice that formed at the higher reaches of the sky.

She felt a moment’s urge to wander onward still, and her glance shifted to the west, where the distance of flatland merged with that corner of sky still so absent of morning light; it seeming to stretch so endlessly that her vision blurred. The sudden quietude of shade trumped her will to wander on, and instead, a hoof was outstretched, then another, to lead her closer to the water’s edge, rosy eyes rolled about in a search for something to do a bit closer to her current location.

Messages In This Thread
how shall i aspire to heaven? - by Godiva - 12-21-2013, 07:18 PM
RE: how shall i aspire to heaven? - by Africa - 12-28-2013, 08:05 PM
RE: how shall i aspire to heaven? - by Godiva - 01-02-2014, 01:48 PM
RE: how shall i aspire to heaven? - by Africa - 01-02-2014, 03:27 PM