the Rift

[OPEN] Ice Cream Cake

Hellena Posts: 64
World's Edge Seer
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 26 Buff: NOVICE
Whit
So swiftly did his mask return, his icy camouflage, though when he launched into mumbling, incoherent sentences I knew that his nerves were still present, a guilt, a stain upon his perfect record. I observed him, quietly, waiting for what will unfold to unfold. The Edge had not been told openly about the circumstances of Torasin's death, only that of his mate at the time, Solstice. D'Artagnon, another former resident of this land, had been seen doing that. I had thought it was only ever assumed that the Basin had been involved with the death of our Moon Doctor, and the disappearances of other, lesser known Edge members.

Kahlua spoke of the good will of the Edge, and I tried to agree with her - but Mauja proved once more that he was indeed an intelligent beast, certainly capable of deriving the harsh truths of the world. Whatever he was about to speak, to admit to, if those of the Edge were determined to believe what they wanted to believe, there was no unconvincing them. I was more of a collector of facts, a mistress determined to view the world for all it had to offer, to see things the way my beloved Goddess might see them. It was she I believed in, more than anything else, she whom I pledged my loyalties, which was why even though those who held the ranks of King and Queen in this land varied, my position as Seer did not.

I was glad when he finally spoke, when the words formed - Torasin's death was caused by Mauja. This information was very sensitive, and for once, I hoped that we would not be interrupted. So, the death was no intentional? It was difficult, even for myself, not to jump to conclusions. It had been known by those in this herd, that Mauja led a group who believed unicorns were the only race that should exist - how could we believe that Torasin's death was anything but in cold blood? I took a step closer, my tiara leaning forward as I tried to search the blue pools of his eyes for something more - was he sorry? regretful? saddened?

"Are you sorry for what you have done?" The question was quietly asked, and I knew that upon conversing with my Leader, for there was certainly no way I couldn't not report this to her, I would be berated for my lack of immediate action. Here I have, a confession, but is it of the crime the Lady Mirage wishes to charge the killer of Torasin? "Are you here to answer for your actions?" Do you wish for me to call forth our Leader, and the other masses, or do you wish for an opportunity to leave now, to disappear from here forever, so that I might help you clear your name, and promote the peace that this herd so desires?

A glance is given to Kahlua, as I hope the girl does not enter a blind panic when given information of such magnitude. I pray she stays silent, or else treats it with care, until the appropriate time arises to share such delicate information.

bg - table

Messages In This Thread
Ice Cream Cake - by Kahlua - 12-22-2013, 03:17 PM
RE: Ice Cream Cake - by Mauja - 12-23-2013, 02:00 PM
RE: Ice Cream Cake - by Kahlua - 12-23-2013, 07:43 PM
RE: Ice Cream Cake - by Mauja - 12-25-2013, 05:08 AM
RE: Ice Cream Cake - by Hellena - 12-28-2013, 09:59 PM
RE: Ice Cream Cake - by Kahlua - 12-31-2013, 01:49 PM
RE: Ice Cream Cake - by Mauja - 01-01-2014, 05:27 AM
RE: Ice Cream Cake - by Hellena - 01-02-2014, 12:55 AM
RE: Ice Cream Cake - by Kahlua - 01-02-2014, 01:56 AM
RE: Ice Cream Cake - by Mauja - 01-02-2014, 05:23 AM