the Rift

[PRIVATE] everywhere i go [nayati]

Vadim Posts: 106
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Vlasi :: Common Rougarou :: Water ali
He's come down from the mountains that border the Basin, this shaggy, malnourished stallion. It is far warmer in the meadows than at the top of the mountain and he finds that the thick coat that has kept him warm and safe through the unchanging seasons is a hindrance that makes him sweat. But he feels that he can cope with it because there is plenty to eat here and no need to dig through several feet of snow to get to it or resort to peeling the bark from the spindly trees that managed to survive the harsh conditions of the Steppe. And so he gorges himself until his sides are ballooned out and he looks like he may be pregnant. The stallion is content, now, and is becoming sleepy now that he has had his first real meal in months, so he finds a suitable tree to lean his shoulder against and he dozes with the mid morning sun beating down on his white and blue back.

When Vadim awakens the sun is beginning to sink toward the horizon and his stomach grumbles its hunger once more. The pale and blue stallion obliges and feasts once more until he feels satisfied, though not quite as bloated as he had been before. Now he lifts his head and surveys the meadow that he has spent the day in and wonders why it is not more full, for he shares the meadow with only a few deer, rabbits, squirrels, and songbirds. Surely he feels that there should be other horses here feasting before Frostfall comes. It is Frostfall that is coming, he asks himself and his 'brow' furrows as he contemplates the seasons. In the Frostbreath Steppe there was only one season.

Icy, bitter, relentless, Frostfall.

The young stallion doesn't know why but he yearns for someone to graze with. Someone to keep him company because he's spent so much time alone and estranged from his family with only a few passersby to have the occasional word with. But who would befriend someone as strange as he? His tail flicks and he looks toward the mountain that he had trekked down from several days ago. He thinks of the filly, Jorogumo, and her strange gaze and endless sentences, of the centaur and his stories. They all had family. Friends. A place they belonged.

He wants to belong somewhere and he knows it is a childish desire, but it is the only one he has.

@[Nayati]

"."

Vadim
Master, Master, you promised only lies.
- table - manip -

Icon by Tay

Messages In This Thread
everywhere i go [nayati] - by Vadim - 12-22-2013, 06:09 PM
RE: everywhere i go [nayati] - by Nayati - 12-24-2013, 07:08 AM
RE: everywhere i go [nayati] - by Vadim - 01-12-2014, 04:54 PM