the Rift

it'll be a long time comin'

Rhanna Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Scars were odd things. They didn’t fad and they could not be wiped clean, they past always brought into the present. They hinted at so many stories, and yet they could be misleading, marks of bravery and cunning escapes, or marks of foolishness and overconfidence. The dun colored stallion before her definitely had his share and they intrigued Rhanna, but they couldn’t tell her the whole story. So far in her life, she’d managed to avoid them, save for a few crescent shaped ones along her withers. Her size and brazen manner were enough to deter most, and she’d never gone looking for a fight.

The stallion’s posture told her a great deal more than his scars. Well muscled and sleek, even under his thickening coat, he carried himself like a commander. His stance was solid and his gave direct. She could see the hardness in his eyes, warrior’s eyes. If anything at all, she was attracted to confidence, and this stallion simply oozed with it. She wouldn’t be so easily swayed, however, eventually he’d have to put his money where his mouth was.

The midnight mare’s eyes followed the dog as it edged from its master, flicking back when the later began to speak. Well, looks like they boy’s got a sense of humor. Rhanna thought with some satisfaction as he let out a laugh. It sounded oddly unpracticed, like he didn’t loose it very often, and she returned his wry smile. “I suppose I did notice you, you’ll forgive a girl for trying to be coy.”

Her eyes sharpened at his next string of words, ”…I like to set other things on fire…” Though he ended with a smile there was still something there. Her eye’s narrowed at the words, a though the giantess was trying to see into his thoughts. It was something that might have even been a little sinister, but it piqued the mare’s interest, that was for certain. The last part of his speech held a few more interesting nuggets of knowledge as well. He seemed to share her distaste for the other races, and that had been rare for her to encounter.

“Well, I’m not exactly sure if herd-life agrees with me, gets a bit sticky after a while, don’t you think? And even if I did, I wouldn’t really need you to take me anywhere, darlin.” Her tone was still a bit sardonic, but her expression was free of disdain. “I’ll give you some credit though, for keeping that flashy filth out of your ranks. I can’t stomach those unnatural beasts.” She could feel herself starting to like the stallion, not in a very genuine way, granted, but he was still good entertainment and seemed to have the right ideas on the world, though he’d still have to back himself up.

define your meaning of war
to me it's what we do when we're bored

Messages In This Thread
it'll be a long time comin' - by Rhanna - 12-22-2013, 11:22 PM
RE: it'll be a long time comin' - by Ricochet - 12-23-2013, 06:18 PM
RE: it'll be a long time comin' - by Rhanna - 12-25-2013, 11:51 PM
RE: it'll be a long time comin' - by Ricochet - 12-26-2013, 05:51 PM
RE: it'll be a long time comin' - by Rhanna - 12-27-2013, 12:23 AM
RE: it'll be a long time comin' - by Ricochet - 12-27-2013, 02:03 PM
RE: it'll be a long time comin' - by Rhanna - 01-01-2014, 12:56 PM