the Rift

Let the sun show through [open]

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
She kept to mind the fact that the cat seemed quite thoughtful, the sort to take each of her words and weight them separately; that she was good at wearing her mask of gentleness filled her with a certain sense of pride in this moment, that she had reached a level of skill that left even the ponderous wondering as to her true intensions. If only this skill came with an irrefutable level of respect from those she lead, she would be quite content, though it was never so for Illynx or for any who had risen to crowns before her. Respect was what that she had come to understand as the most valuable and hard to earn object in the known universe, and that she didn’t have a scroll detailing every step she might take often left her feeling inadequate and foolish.

Not on this day, however, as she meets the sky tone gaze of the wanderer she had caught dozing away the afternoon beneath a tree with a pride that she carries even in her smallest moments. Despite her failings, the mare has never let it show on her exterior; it is an armor she has worn for most of her life, a thick metallic covering to protect her from those who surrounded her. And, while there are moments one may see the true gleaming light of her soul, they are fleeting and few.

Cin is lucky enough to experience a brief glimpse of the child that was smothered beneath the fear and hatred of her childhood herd, her laughter bubbling and delightful on the air as the creature names her as “different.” Indeed, she is, she wants to say, her eyes crinkling happily in her mirth, but just look at yourself!

"It takes all sorts," she breathily chimes, her laughter leaving her slowly and with a ringing and pleasant echo of the noise in her head, both her whole ear and the one marred by the acidic bite of Confutatis rising to catch the tiger’s words of acceptance to her loosely dangled offer. Smart, she thinks to herself, angling her frame back around so that it is partially turned to view the black and white beast’s body but also so that she may return down the path that led her to him, back to the mountain.

Pointing the way with her slender golden horn, her former laughter and enthusiasm for another successful venture into the forest of beginnings lights up the backs of her eyes, burning as if consumed in a peaceful flame. "Ah, then it is this way," she says softly, turning fully about now that she is sure the tiger will follow her – though she is still wary of the claws and teeth that were built most specifically to consume flesh.

Flesh that she is made of.

Her shudder is suppressed in the form of a few bouncy forward steps, playful and out of character for a mature mare to show (not that she didn’t know it seemed that way, of course), her limbs dancing beneath her in a quick and upbeat trot-like motion before she assures he is following her with a glance back and a delighted smile. "Be sure to keep note of where we are. I’ll point out things along the way. Should take us the better part of the rest of the day and evening to make it home, but I assure you, it is well worth the climb."

And with that, she was off, chatting away about whatever natural landmarks they passed, or the various herds and their general location, though she would not delve into political ties unless the creature asked it of her. She wanted the satisfaction of the query, the ability to supply him the answer – and that couldn’t happen if she gave all the information away for free.

[ OOC: Welcome to the Basin! I'll have a welcoming thread up for you in the Aurora Basin sometime soon. If you get on, your rank is changed, and I haven't put one up yet, feel free to do so on your own and I'll be in there shortly! ]
Illynx
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Messages In This Thread
Let the sun show through [open] - by Cin - 12-24-2013, 12:35 PM
RE: Let the sun show through [open] - by Illynx - 12-28-2013, 11:39 AM
RE: Let the sun show through [open] - by Cin - 12-28-2013, 11:11 PM
RE: Let the sun show through [open] - by Illynx - 12-30-2013, 01:55 PM
RE: Let the sun show through [open] - by Cin - 12-31-2013, 10:27 PM
RE: Let the sun show through [open] - by Illynx - 01-01-2014, 10:01 PM
RE: Let the sun show through [open] - by Cin - 01-11-2014, 10:47 AM
RE: Let the sun show through [open] - by Illynx - 01-11-2014, 02:40 PM
RE: Let the sun show through [open] - by Cin - 01-11-2014, 06:00 PM