the Rift

[OPEN] Six Degrees Of Separation

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
Comforted at least by the return of her companion; the treasure she had uprooted hooked securely beyond the reach of any night-time scavenger, the Oracle stilled herself beside the fire and collected between her blunt, off white teeth the petrified branch she had crafted into fire-prod. Carefully she began to turn scalding sand beneath the licking flames as though they were embers whose underside was burnt through before the top. It was the ritual she had adopted since rising to the position of messenger between the Sun god and those dwelling in his realm; and she fussed with meticulous care as though the fire embodied his very spirit. The flame did not need fuel to continue; it was eternal and ferocious, though feasted readily upon whatever offering she placed within its ravenous core.

"By the fire I bed, yes." She smiled, half-glancing back to where her stallion friend stood perhaps captivated by all that she had presented. "You are welcome here any time Wind. This fire is a place for all of our people to visit; likewise am I." The fire was silent this night, its crackling voice subdued by the pit of an empty stomach. She thought briefly, brashly, about placing upon it the cactus, but so much trouble had been taken to bring it home to the oasis she thought the idea to be a foolish one.

With little else to do but rest her wearied body, Africa laid down the stick and turned to face the ebony Pegasus. "We should rest while the dark hours gift us with peace and quiet." A fond murmur seeped through her fluttering nostrils but she remained in place, upon her long, slender legs. Silas croaked quietly from his roost, a gesture of appreciation maybe for that show of respect before granted to him- but Windwalker could not have known; their two species were as stark as the pebble and the water, and Africa was their only connection. "If you wake come morning, and I am not here- don’t fret. I will set off to comb the beach at first light for driftwood and weed." Her face softened as gentle eyes watched him, and she nodded, retiring into a world of haunting memories and tortured slumber.

[ooc: After your reply I will close this thread :) I feel like his arrival has been covered. I am more than happy to have Wind along in any open thread I post, or if you want to start something with Africa (or Hector!) just tag either in a new thread. Tagging is @ [ Username ] without the three spaces. So glad you joined Helovia, and the Throat too!!]

Africa

Messages In This Thread
Six Degrees Of Separation - by Windwalker - 12-26-2013, 09:35 AM
RE: Six Degrees Of Separation - by Africa - 12-28-2013, 06:18 PM
RE: Six Degrees Of Separation - by Windwalker - 12-29-2013, 03:45 PM
RE: Six Degrees Of Separation - by Africa - 12-30-2013, 02:53 PM
RE: Six Degrees Of Separation - by Windwalker - 12-30-2013, 04:42 PM
RE: Six Degrees Of Separation - by Africa - 12-31-2013, 05:23 AM
RE: Six Degrees Of Separation - by Windwalker - 12-31-2013, 07:36 AM
RE: Six Degrees Of Separation - by Africa - 12-31-2013, 11:16 PM
RE: Six Degrees Of Separation - by Windwalker - 01-01-2014, 07:31 AM
RE: Six Degrees Of Separation - by Africa - 01-02-2014, 06:15 AM