the Rift

watercolour wishes

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu
I arrive on the break of a storm.

The clouds above have been an ominous pattern of sky for hours on end, warranting frequent glances from me whilst I traveled. I am not particularly fond of rain you know, although you'd probably assume that I am. There's just something about the way the droplets tear into me, as though they pull a fragment of me with them when they collide, moistening my hide until its something sopping and messy. It makes my tail feel heavy and my ears can't hear anything over the gentle rhythm of a downpour. My eyes fare no better, squinting and blinking without end, trying to pick apart the stationary amid the sheets of mobile diamonds.

There's nothing worse than the cold though. It makes me hug myself, my muscles wired tight and my long body fumbling to shrink, impossibly so. Meanwhile I leech into the ground, a swath of blackness trailing behind my sodden banner. I step and the ink swells around my hooves, thin and pale but seeping out all the same. It drains me, like the ground is threatening to drink me up and all because of the sky. Have I no ally to turn to?

This is what occurs in every bit of detail as I arrive. I know I have because the forest thickens, a shelter for which I am grateful.

I sag against the nearest tree trunk, ragged and spent.
Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
watercolour wishes - by Ink - 12-27-2013, 03:32 AM
RE: watercolour wishes - by Tandavi - 12-27-2013, 05:07 AM
RE: watercolour wishes - by Ink - 01-01-2014, 02:47 PM
RE: watercolour wishes - by Morana - 01-23-2014, 11:42 AM