the Rift

watercolour wishes

Morana Posts: 37
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15 :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Candy

I had always enjoyed it.

The rain that is; I haven’t felt like this in a while, that cold sensation of being completely alone. Perhaps it was the rain; the thunderous rumble that echoed through the sky caused trickery in my mind. It was a good way to cleanse your body, your mind and your soul should you have one. You might be wondering, what I’m doing out in the rain, I should be in the caves hiding like a coward, right? I’ve come to see what I should be hiding from, what dangerous illness was the flame kissed knight talking about? I had nothing to fear out here, nor there. So why should I waste away in the shadows, and skip out on a nice shower? I just needed to see what fear itself looked like.

I was moving quickly through the storm, tracing my long steps back from which I came. The cold, near freezing liquid washed over me like a blanket of water. Once a painted canvas of caked mud and sweat was now illuminating and glossed to perfection. Onyx fibers mingling upon the curvature of my nape as I danced through the rain; dual toned mask turned upward to the clouded sky. I close my eyes, taking in the solace of the storm, as the rain pelted my face like little icy bullets. I was cold, and my skin trembling, but It was oddly comforting. I refocus my mind however as my eyes squint open, gazing upon the horizon of the Threshold. I slowed my pace, hooves squishing into mud and pulls of rippling mirrors upon the earth’s surface. I was back, even though the journey seemed shorter this time.

The thick canopy above, eased the downpour of the storm, but droplets still fell like glitter through the trees. Eagerly, twin peaks pivoting upon my leveled tiara, while I put myself in a position to listen to all around me. Every drop, liquid dripping from leaf to leaf, trickling down the bark, it was music. Natures very own lullaby. A voice not made of the earth, echoes through the tress. It was young, feminine. I continued my march through the dense forest, doing my best to pin point the sound. Could be a child in danger. - It doesn’t sound panicked. Though it didn’t sound very confident either.

Lobes pressed back against my ink threads as my eyes rested upon a black being. It’s a demon. - It drips black blood. What had I just stumbled upon, was this the demon? Did you own that voice that called me here so easily? Ivory pillars ease my form from the shadows of the dripping pine. Unaware, if this thing was evil or not I decided to take my caution, and approach with a stance of my own. He is not looking at me however, and my icy gaze follows his to rest upon a golden girl, standing alert with her tiny pup at her feet. Had he tried to harm her, attack her? So I closed in, tiara lowered level with my chest; crimson pendant bouncing off my chest as I walk, circling to the side and into view of the creature.

Awkward position for a demon to be in, with a puzzled look on his knees in the mud; I couldn’t chance it. Lobes of deep crimson honey lay tight against my skull still as my attention remains on him. Threads dripping with cold liquid from above, as I seize my motion and remain silent; noting the black liquid that flows from his form, pooling upon the earth below him. He was obviously fatigued, but I couldn’t understand why. Was he running? ”Who are you.” My tone laced with warning, should he try to do anything unnerving to the golden girl. I may not know the child, but I had a certain knack for children and keeping them safe.

Normal Speech
Mother's Voice.
Response to mother.
Table coded by Abba

Messages In This Thread
watercolour wishes - by Ink - 12-27-2013, 03:32 AM
RE: watercolour wishes - by Tandavi - 12-27-2013, 05:07 AM
RE: watercolour wishes - by Ink - 01-01-2014, 02:47 PM
RE: watercolour wishes - by Morana - 01-23-2014, 11:42 AM