the Rift

In the darkness of my dark-beating heart, I know

Abraham Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3 hh :: Three years HP: 71 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwyneverre :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath & Brienne :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Frost Breath Time

watch the scythe usher me astray
                A B R A H A M                </style>

Abraham, child of darkness, brother of sin, hellion prince, walked proud back to his home. Gripped in his jaw, in the space between his teeth where a man's bit would fit the damned, rested the handle of the woven basket of beach treasure. Inside the basket, nestled with the natural flotsam and jetsam of the deep, alluring sea, was a tiny egg, glowing in the cracks like a jewel in the night. Truly, what the colt carried was a treasure, and he would protect it with his life. His steps were high, feathered hooves that were already growing large, prancing on the loam. He was in search of his family to show them his newest treasure, and his search brought him to the helm of the Threshold. The colt had never been this far towards his parents' old home, and he knew naught of the stories this ancient realm held.

His prance turned into calculated steps, head lowering as his ears flicked around wildly atop his dark head. His mismatched eyes scanned the area of the looming trees, reaching out with their pine claws to run over his thickening coat. He wished to find his family soon, to feel the protection and strength their presence was. It was then that he saw something in the distance shift--a shadow of a massive, hulking creature, and he knew only one creature of the behemoth size: his father. His heart fluttered for a second before he took off at a canter that gained balance daily. He nearly forgot about the basket of seaweed in his teeth when he opened his mouth to neigh, "FATHER!". The sound was cut short as he clamped his lips closed again to keep the basket from falling. His egg needed safety. The basket, and the nest inside, kept it safe from jostling as he cantered towards the shadowy horse.

Abraham came to a stop, his heart beating crazily, and he set the basket down. He was on the side of the equine he believed fully to be his father, and he threw his head, not making eye contact with the creature. He was too excited, too childish in his wonder, to pay close enough attention to realize this equine was not the Dauntless. "Father! I traveled to the beach! There were so many horses there, some with wings I had never seen before, some with horns like me and some without, like you. None were as big as you, because none are as great. Father! There was this shiny thing--an egg--that everyone was gathered around. I knew I needed it as soon as I saw it. I had never seen anything like it before, and it called to me! Finally, this weird animal popped out of the ocean and started talking to us--it was the keeper of the object--and he gave it to me! He made this basket! I had to gather the things inside to keep it safe and warm, and, Father, he told he it was a baby dragon inside! Father, I have a dragon!"

Abraham was talking rapidly, growing body shaking with the excitement in his heart. During his speech he had jumped to the front of his believed-father, closing his eyes and tossing his crowned head happily. He made haphazard gestures towards the resting basket, until, finally, in his last sentence he made eye contact with the molten gold. It was as if the word crashed down around him, for the equine before him of monstrous proportions, was not Archibald. The colt swallowed hard, ears falling back into the thick of his dark mane, and he scrambled to stand defensively over his egg in the basket.

"Who are you, deceiver!?" The talent the child held for his breath to come out in happy bliss one second and angry ice the next was only a gift given from his parents. The child's odd eyes darkened and narrowed, and he remembered Circe's training in the forest. Carefully, the child tucked his chin and aimed his horn for the slab of muscle in front of him. "Speak your name, face-stealer!"

background by: http://sirius-sdz.deviantart.com

Holy water cannot help you now
Thousand armies couldn't keep me out
I don't want your money
I don't want your crown
See I've come to burn your kingdom down

pixel by tamme

Messages In This Thread
RE: In the darkness of my dark-beating heart, I know - by Abraham - 12-29-2013, 12:36 PM