the Rift

as the seasons change [Gaucho Training Spar]

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee

After my last words, all is silent. Then, like a well timed drum beat, we both prepare for a battle. I can see his sides growing as his lungs inflate with air. Is he sighing, preparing, wondering how he should kill me? Should I be scared? Oh, it's too late to wonder if being scared is the correct answer. I'm already regretting this a little.

Gaucho's body moves like he has had years of experience, I have not had that much experience. This is my first spar here, and I'm wigging out. There is so many moves I could do, but I don't know which to choose and how to time it! Gaucho obviously knows, because in the midst of my insane worrying, I feel his left should hit my left shoulder. I'm going to die. I might as well fall and play dead.

Maybe then he'd leave and I could live another day.

Well, damn. Of course that wasn't his only attack! THERE WAS MORE! I feel one of the many points in Gaucho's horn bump my flank, but no pain is caused from that. I immediately start moving forward, but I'm already in perfect range of another attack from on of his viciously sharp horns. I feel one of the hard point slice a piece of my hindquarters.

Hell, man. That hurt a little... (a lot.) A little nick now lined with blood, but luckily my coat isn't tainted with the crimson liquid. The blood doesn't drip, for maybe the cut wasn't deep or long enough. I'll admit it, the temporary uncomfortable stinging hadn't felt great, but it had dulled to a a slightly throbbing pain by now. I do react violently... well my violent. I lift my hindquarters in the air and kick out as many times and in all directions I can kick out in.

I think Gaucho had the same idea.

One of his back hooves (I can't tell which, because I'm kinda scared to turn around and waste valuable time) clips the side of my left hoof. This, unfortunately, makes my hoof go... tingle-y for a second-- almost like when you hit that one bone in your body and it tingles and you have to take a break for a few seconds to wait for the tingling to go away.

So, I let my hindquarters back onto the ground and trot forward a few steps, and my hoof is normal again. I don't like that tingling feeling, but it's gone for now.. at least. Maybe I should just pay more attention to which direction my hooves should flail in, and which direction they shouldn't.

1. Lesson One: Watch where the fuck you flail.

So, now that I've already started learning, it's time for Gaucho to learn exactly what I can do. Proving myself to a Sultan will be damn hard, but I need to do this. If I ever want to be a successful leader for The Lost Kin, my group, or anything, I have to know how to fight. I let my wings unfold, then... I fucking take to the skies.

Yes, my weakest area.. flight.

I'm doing this, so maybe I can get above Gaucho. I mean, he probably sees me coming with my flashy gold dapples and pearly white wings. Still, I want to try. So, I angle my body to where he is, hoping and praying he hasn't moved and won't move toooooo much. Maybe, this wasn't thought out well, but if it wasn't, I can land on the ground and advance on foot.

But for now, I stretch out my front hooves and aim for his withers.

"Rule one. No tell your opponent anything that make it easier to get you. Also. No stand so close...in battle." Maybe I'm just now comprehending his words. Well, I'm not going to stand closer to him. I'M FLYING CLOSER TO HIM.

Duh.

Walk walk walk
talk talk talk
STAT ROLLING THREAD
ooc:; Training spar 1v1 regular sparring rules apply. Unlimited companion use and magic use! around 600 words! Sorry.. this was a strange post. XD
summary:; Aurelia takes a few nicks and tucks from Gaucho's antlers after being bumped and becoming slightly unbalanced. His hoof bumps against her, and it feels to her like our funny bone does to us. It tingles and feels almost kind of numbish. She takes to the skies and tries to fly into Gaucho's withers. She hopes to just land on the ground saftley if he moves out from under her.
setting:;
comments:; ic and ooc training spar (as in gaucho is teaching Aurelia and aud is teaching me. :3)
EDIT: attack - 1/3
Image Credits

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Messages In This Thread
RE: as the seasons change [Gaucho Training Spar] - by Aurelia - 01-13-2014, 07:08 PM