the Rift

so what if i'm lost

Saphira Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

"What are you doing?" I mutter under my breath, tipping my nose up, pushing my wiry locks aside. I thought I was headed home, but damn it this was not the way back. How did I know the scent of water was not the falls, but a river I had never seen? A sense of direction had never been my strong suit, but I didn't think I would get this turned around. That's what I get for leaving the foothills, for lingering in the forest I did not know by heart. For leaving familiar boundaries of home. In these silent words I hear the snide voice of my wild mother. I do not pause, pay time to my memories of her, I continue trying to figure if I even want to return. Hooves prodding forward, my verdant gaze sweeps across the landscape noticing it seems to be losing its sense of green. There is a some freaking weird scent too. What was with this place? Or had I merely been convinced my whole life there were only green forests, and small clearings? Steel colored ears press tightly to my skull, and I grind my teeth in frustration. I hate this. With my nose in the air, on the look out for a single soul I completely miss the gaping hole. I'm falling! I can't see!

Hooves thud upon rock, suddenly they screech across the hard surface, I'm sliding?

In both a manner of panic and stubbornness I try to adjust with this strange sensation by putting on the brakes. By brakes it means my ass slams down, and is now cold and wet. I'm still in the bottom of some godforsaken hole! No idea what could be here, the idea of sitting and welcoming it wasn't met with fond thoughts. Swiftly, front legs pulling, grunting, I do my best to avoid the water drips and finally stand up. Upon four steady hooves I feel I can collect my wits, and if the incident never happened I flick my blond tail, and begin to look around. It is actually rather pretty, this quaint, odd place. Surprisingly it isn't cold, and the rest of it seems rather dry. "Huh," I again mumble for my own ears, deciding to move forward, but finding myself staring at the crystals not yet able to pick a path to wander. This place seemed made of stories and magic, I wasn't sure it was a good idea to find its heart.

Messages In This Thread
so what if i'm lost - by Saphira - 12-28-2013, 05:14 PM
RE: so what if i'm lost - by Midas - 01-18-2014, 11:03 PM
RE: so what if i'm lost - by Saphira - 02-02-2014, 06:22 PM
RE: so what if i'm lost - by Midas - 02-03-2014, 07:16 PM