the Rift

[OPEN] another part of me [lakota]

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit

They were sparring when they were found. White and black mixed beautifully, an elegant dance as Lakota struck out at her companion, only for it to be returned with fierce snaps and body shoves. Each blow had little to no impact behind it, but it looked dangerous regardless. It was a way for them to release their energy, their frustrations, while improving their skills. Both were panting softly, a light sheen of sweat on the mistress's coat, a shining sapphire and onyx. Aodaun saw him first, and gave a happy bark. Lakota jolted in surprise at the sudden change in behavior, cocking her head at him. Eytan! It was a word inside her head, but it came out as a happy, chirping bark. The polar bear child went running towards the grizzly, lime eyes bright and happy as he spotted his friend. Lakota laughed and turned her violet gaze towards the two, watching them fondly. It took a ridiculously long pause for her to realize what him being there meant. "Ktulu!" she gasped aloud, and her ears flicked up so high they ached, and without a second thought she lunged towards the two bears, scattering them as she ran towards the borders where Eytan had come from. The two companions followed after her, and the glowing smile on her face lit up her entire being as she raced to find her beloved. What was she doing at the Foothills?! No, scratch that, Lakota didn't care what brought her lover back home, she was just so excited over the fact that Ktulu was there at all.

Much like a flustered filly in the face of her crush, Lakota could barely restrain herself, legs lengthening with every step, wanting only to be at the side of her love. It still gave her a rush to think that, to know she could finally say it, call Ktulu beloved, her love, her lover. Cheeks hot she tried not to think about it, she wanted to receive the black cherry dame the right way. As herself, the real Lakota.

In the distance she saw her, pale locks catching the weak sunlight, red-tipped dagger glowing like a conductor of lightning. "Ktulu!" she cried, pushing herself faster, Eytan and Aodaun hot on her heels. Her smile was so wide it nearly hurt, pace hardly slowing as she neared the taller mare. "You're here!" She threw herself at the taller beauty, careening against her chest, throwing her crown up to wrap around Ktulu's back. She stumbled embarrassingly, but she was laughing so happily she could hardly care about appearance. Inhaling her scent, Lakota couldn't help but giggle in relief that she really was there. "You're here, you're here, you're here," she sighed out, eyes wet with happy tears, pressing her face into Ktulu's skin, sharing her tears.

Ktulu had really come. It hadn't been a dream, a brief flash of hope. Ktulu had chosen to come and see her, to seek her out. Ktulu had chosen her. Lakota knew it was assuming a bit much, to say that, but when she was pressed up against the taller mare's chest, safe and protected, she remembered her brother's words. Maybe it was okay to be a little selfish. Maybe it was time. "Ktulu," she breathed, the name sweet and reverent on her tongue, cuddling up to the larger mare like an overly affectionate cat. She didn't want to move away to talk, didn't want to move away at all, so until Ktulu moved back to initiate conversation, Lakota was content to stay wrapped up in her warmth, her scent.

Safe.

LAKOTA
quote quote quote

image credits
table by whit

Messages In This Thread
another part of me [lakota] - by Ktulu - 12-29-2013, 09:30 PM
RE: another part of me [lakota] - by Lakota - 12-31-2013, 12:56 AM
RE: another part of me [lakota] - by Ktulu - 12-31-2013, 01:24 AM
RE: another part of me [lakota] - by Locket - 12-31-2013, 01:34 AM
RE: another part of me [lakota] - by Lakota - 12-31-2013, 02:15 AM
RE: another part of me [lakota] - by Ktulu - 01-01-2014, 08:17 PM