the Rift

[PRIVATE] Not Goodbye for Long

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
Kahlua's own goodbyes were so many, it terrible that she was almost growing used to them new. Go the Threshold, find a friend, bring them to the Edge and then never see them again. And though she missed each one that she brought home, lamented when they disappeared from her life, perhaps her skin had come to be hardened by it. But those were just passerbys, friends that were a part of her life for a moment and then gone again. Aly was different, a charm that made her smile, a bright ray of sunshine through the misty forest of the Edge. Would it be so easy?

It's time for me to go see my son, she began, and Kahlua's frown was suddenly justified. Yes, it seemed that this leaving was very different. Her heart hurt that Aly would disappear from her life, though her promise to return helped a little. Still, how many promises like that had been broken before? For Kahlua? For the world? But she tried, for her friend, to let her from grow to a soft smile, tried to hide the sadness in her face. But Kahlua was no steel box, hiding emotions within, she showed what she was. And right now she was concerned.

Still, it seemed that with every word Aly spoke, Kahlua could feel it in her heart that she would keep her promise. She would come back. And so when Aly finally stopped her words, moved forward to wrap her neck around Kahlua, the painted girl followed suit, entwining herself around her friend and enjoying the warm feeling of closeness. The brush of feathers against her back made her nicker warmly, confusion fading. Her face was sure now, as she stepped back. Aly would return. She had to.

“I'll miss you,” she said, reaching her nose up towards the slightly taller pegasus' forehead. The band that Kahlua had made. Trying to touch it for a moment, with a warm rush of air from her nostrils, she stepped back. “I'll be with you, though.” For a moment she hummed softly, eyes closing, trying to hang onto this last feeling. Just... just in case. “I'll tell Brisa,” she promised at last, blue eyes looking into Aly's own. “And I'll eagerly await your return. Good luck.” Taking a few more steps backward, she tried to give Aly the room she would need. Emotional space, physical space, it was all the same. She had it now. She could go.
Kahlua

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
Not Goodbye for Long - by Alysanne - 12-30-2013, 01:13 AM
RE: Not Goodbye for Long - by Kahlua - 01-01-2014, 03:42 PM
RE: Not Goodbye for Long - by Alysanne - 01-12-2014, 11:39 PM
RE: Not Goodbye for Long - by Kahlua - 01-13-2014, 03:37 PM