the Rift

[OPEN] Just a spoonfull of acid (Silk) (Closed)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
Birth is nothing but death begun
The ignorance of youth could be forgiven—but not before being properly corrected. Like a Da who nipped at his youngling’s ears, so did I in a less literal sense teach this bat winged Pegasus a fair lesson that hopefully wouldn’t soon be forgotten. Humility was a valuable trait, one could never know who it was they approached. Had I been a beast of carnage as others prided themselves to stand—said boy would have been struck to join his ancestors in the afterlife. Luck treated him gently in this instant, I’m not a fool who banishes his weapons without needed cause. Nor is my anger quick to rise and hard to cool. The moment he backed down, I saw the change happen almost instantly; gone was the cocky adolescent adult.

Santanic proceeded to bow respectfully, a gesture I didn’t feel obliged to return even when he apologized and waggled a poor excuse. “Who I am is of little regard here,” my tone still rings with a hard authority that this tense, but when I speak again it notably softens, “Ye would be wise to treat all that is newly noted with ample respect—most are not of a compassionate nature.” Fina chirped her frustration before folding her wings and glaring at the ebony beast with distaste and silence—she had been ready to fly at his face and the denying of it only pissed her off.

I wasn’t a sharing man with people that knew me well (including family), and certainly not one to gossip openly with a stranger I barely knew. He took a leap and asked what I’d been thinking. There was an urge to scoff at his question, instead I frowned and replied, “Yar, protecting a herd gives way to many a night filled with occupied thoughts.” After a moment I asked, "What brings ye out this night? He didn't look like a soldier from our ranks.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just a spoonfull of acid (Silk) - by Midas - 12-30-2013, 07:10 PM
RE: Just a spoonfull of acid (Silk) - by Midas - 01-02-2014, 02:11 PM
RE: Just a spoonfull of acid (Silk) - by Midas - 01-04-2014, 11:50 PM
RE: Just a spoonfull of acid (Silk) - by Midas - 01-05-2014, 03:43 PM
RE: Just a spoonfull of acid (Silk) - by Midas - 01-07-2014, 11:39 AM