the Rift

[PRIVATE] one more day, one more time [abba]

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
Flames - they licked the walls
tenderly, they turned to dust all that I adore
I felt something touching my face. Something nudging at my neck as the images flashed through my skull, the pain and horror taking over my body. I could even hear my name, but the images were too strong in their hold and I was unable to break free. I was so lost in those images I didn't even pay too much heed to the tugging of my mane. But, when I was finally able to start to rip myself free from them all I saw was Alleo there, waiting patiently for me.

Somehow I managed to explain how I was mute until Tallsun, and I was back at his side. Of course, I was trembling a little bit from the cold air as it clung to my wet coat. At the mention of going back to the Throat I shook my head before pressing my maw to his throat. He asked, saying the words out loud and I bobbed my head. Yes. I don't want to go to the Throat. He said okay, and after a small pause asked if I wanted to go the Foothills. I shrugged, eyes flickering a little bit before I tossed my head at him. With you, sure... You understand... I stepped my way closer to him, lipping at his side in an attempt to try and phrase the idea of "with you, only" without the use of words to aid.

With the struggle still radiating in my brain I tried to find somewhere to stay for the night. After all, I was the one who was accustomed to reaching out to the lands around me in order to get to safety plenty of times before. When I found it, I tried to gain his attention, stumbling forward. Trees scraping up against my shoulder as I fought with my depth perception. But, it seemed only one scrape was required for him to be right behind her, reaching out above her in order to push the branches away that were clawing for my sides like hungry beasts. If words would have left my maw, a thank you would have been provided, but alas, that would not happen yet. In Tallsun, though, if he really was still helping me, he would get far more than a thanks considering how he seemed to be my lifeline at the moment.

Upon entering the grove it seemed that the giant would not be content until he had searched every single nook and cranny of the place. I had felt no danger, and it hadn't changed yet, so I went to the center and laid down, my body shivering uncontrollably with no light left in the sky to keep me warm and the cold air grasping at my pelt. He moved toward me as I touched my maw to the ground, looking up at him pointedly, trying to get the stag to join me. But, before he joined he was circling again, one last time.

When he finally came to lay down beside me, he lowered his muscled frame behind mine and then stretched his neck out so that it hooked over my side. With a small yank he had me pressed up against his side, the warmth of our too bodies working hard to try and keep the other just as warm. He said to rest, and so I carefully placed my cranium against his forelegs, allowing my eyes to shut. Scars of the back injury pressed against his side and the shivering slowing down for the moment. Soon my breathing evened out and I was in a deep sleep beside the one thing that I was actually trusting to keep me safe, to understand me when it seemed that I was going to have to be alone.

Messages In This Thread
one more day, one more time [abba] - by Alleo - 12-31-2013, 09:41 PM
RE: one more day, one more time [abba] - by Rasta - 01-01-2014, 02:36 AM
RE: one more day, one more time [abba] - by Alleo - 01-01-2014, 08:43 PM
RE: one more day, one more time [abba] - by Rasta - 01-01-2014, 09:42 PM
RE: one more day, one more time [abba] - by Alleo - 01-01-2014, 10:34 PM
RE: one more day, one more time [abba] - by Rasta - 01-01-2014, 11:07 PM
RE: one more day, one more time [abba] - by Alleo - 01-02-2014, 12:11 AM
RE: one more day, one more time [abba] - by Rasta - 01-02-2014, 12:42 AM
RE: one more day, one more time [abba] - by Alleo - 01-02-2014, 01:14 AM
RE: one more day, one more time [abba] - by Rasta - 01-02-2014, 01:38 AM
RE: one more day, one more time [abba] - by Alleo - 01-02-2014, 09:54 AM