the Rift

I'VE GOT A WAYS TO GO

Harmony Posts: 137
Deceased
Filly :: Equine :: 16.4 HH :: 5 § Frostfall
Wild.

My happiness in seeing my child blinds me, I just nod, forgetting the danger of her actions. I watch my child run for the shore, and trip. Only then do I lurch forward with a scream of alarm. How could I have let this happen to my precious child? She's mine, I'm supposed to protect her. But no, I've let her fall limply to the water. 

I race forward to jump into the water, tears already soaking my cheeks. I had almost forgotten that the horned Stallion was there before I'm reminded. His body lurches past me, and into the water. I watch terrified as my daughter's limp body starts to sink into the darkness. Pains grip my stomach, the ground beneath me seeming to spin. I'm becoming sick with myself. How could I have let this happen. How could I have ignored the fact that Abishia is just a filly, she couldn't have jumped that river if she tried her hardest. I lower my cranium in defeat, simply waiting to say goodbye to my daughter. 

But no, Diatrec nudges me, urging me to open my eyes to the situation. So I do, and I am surprised by the scenario. Abishia is now on land, laying next to me, at my feet. Before me, the Stallion speaks, dropping a necklace beside Abi. I look to him in puzzlement. Why such a beautiful token to Abishia, when really I should be thanking him with everything I have. 

I take a step forward, not caring what the Stallion had to say. I'm too stunned by his actions that I simply watch him walk away with wonder. Training my icy orbs back on my girl, I sigh. It all happened so fast. She had almost died before my eyes, and I didn't do anything, but the strange Stallion did. Why? Why was everything so confusing? I lower to my knees, laying down next to Abi. I nudge her curtly on her shoulder, urging her to wake. 

It's a crazy thing. How fast everything has happened. How life is passing me in a blink of an eye. Do others feel as if things are flying by to fast; becoming a blur? Do they wonder why it can't just slow down and let them enjoy it? Do they wonder why they can't act fast enough, say the right things, be what they want to be? 

Are there others out there that struggle simply with the fact of life? 

h a r m o n y

Image Credits 

Beautiful table by Clo <3
fear what you don't know

permission granted to use magic on her, with the exception of killing her

Messages In This Thread
I'VE GOT A WAYS TO GO - by Comanche - 12-31-2013, 10:22 PM
RE: I've Got A Ways To Go [Abishia & Harmony] - by Comanche - 01-01-2014, 02:11 AM
RE: I've Got A Ways To Go [Abishia & Harmony] - by Comanche - 01-02-2014, 12:11 AM
RE: I've Got A Ways To Go [Abishia & Harmony] - by Harmony - 01-02-2014, 01:56 AM