the Rift

The fifth crown

October Posts: 40
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hh :: 6.5 years
Blu

[October escapes, Ode gets consumed :3 (that's my goal anyway haha)]

I notice it only after we've been home for a while. It begins as a feeling that settles like an unrest in my bones, urging me to run run run when I've already walked walked walked so far to get here. I shake it off, but my son feels it too, butting against my legs for comfort. I draw him in close, trying to protect, to reassure, but I know not from what but cold. Surely it's the cold doing this?

Strung tight as a deer with my ears erect and head as high as it will go we march through the snow, nibbling at what is to be found. We never think to look up, at least not until the moon begins to flicker, light a light bulb going out. I've never seen such a thing before, although I suppose I'm not particularly old and definitely not wise. I would find it beautiful any other time, but against the tide of unease wells in me so strong I shy at nothing, not even a shadow on the ground or a bird in the tree. It's discerning because I am the one that causes unease in most scenarios - I've only felt this way in the shade of my DemonKing, and he's long been underground.

My son bleats at my side, startling even worse than I. Our hearts hammer until we can't take it any more. In an explosion of frost we're running hard. Our hooves tear the icy kingdom we once called ours asunder, tails flagging behind us and eyes wide with a nameless fight. We gallop headlong into the night, moving only in some assumption of south.

My son falls behind me. His legs are too short, his stamina too low. I notice and I urge him on, but I do not slow.

I do not slow.
He falls behind.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
The fifth crown - by October - 01-02-2014, 02:28 AM
RE: The fifth crown - by Öde - 01-02-2014, 02:49 AM
RE: The fifth crown - by October - 01-08-2014, 09:38 PM