the Rift

[OPEN] Food Chain [Teras, Open]

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
Her name is shouted through the trees. She had warned Des of the oncoming Darkness, how it was spreading and even taking over what had been one of the holiest places of Helovia. He said they would be fine, like they had during the endless night. No harm would come to the herd, but he hadn't been there when Res had. He hadn't heard the cackles and felt the prickling of her pelt as she thought she felt fingers trying to scrape her flesh the wrong way.

Resplendence supposed she should have started to come when her name was called, but her mind was partially distracted. Her herb garden had grown immensely thanks to the help of the herd, and she was going to have to be tending to plenty more of the plants very soon. So, as she started to move herbs around in her box, she heard her name called the second time, along with the word "help". Silently, she pulled herself away from her herbs, concern lacing her face as she caught the tail wind of Kahlua's voice telling her not to be concerned, that whoever her friend was was nice. What new creation has she brought THIS time? She wondered to herself before pulling herself from the shadows of the trees and out into the light beside her herb garden.

What she saw had her backing up a few steps, ear pinning a little bit against her cranium in shock. A wolf?! We brought a wolf in? Dammit. Kahlua. Can't you bring me a normal horse to heal for once? But the wolf was laying down, carefully lowering his black frame to the ground about a foot away from her herb garden. He was thumping his tail against the ground, bringing up a few small clouds of dirt in the process. He promised that he wouldn't hurt anyone, saying he was just a pup. And so she inched in closer, inspecting the wolf with no words escaping her mouth in the process. Blood was drying around his neck, matting his fur, but more was still coming. A little bit of dripping onto the ground below him. "I have to get closer, to see how bad this is - I might not be able to help, we may have to get Smoke. I do not possess any magic at the moment..." Resplendence explained, before using her maw to start to push the matted hair away, her eyes locking on the multiple gashes in his neck, closer to his spine. Blood was still coming from the wound, but not in huge amounts. Delicately, she shuffled backwards, concern lacing her eyes. "I can stop the bleeding, and give you something for the pain. It is close to your vertebrae, though. Can you move your neck without the pain shooting down your back or your legs?" Resplendence asked, looking over at Kahlua. Might need Smoke if that answer's a yes...

Res met Kahlua's gaze, not saying a word, but the stern look in her eyes meant that he should not be moving under any circumstance. And, once she was certain Kahlua got the message she trotted back towards her herb box, shuffling the herbs around until she found the Shepherd's Purse, Licorice Root, and Horehound in the box. Tearing off sections of it to give to something so small she took all three back over towards the two of them as well as a large, fallen leaf to place it on. Carefully, she ground the three herbs into paste, making three different piles on the leaf for each paste before carefully depositing it before the wolf. "Horehound, Licorice Root, and Shepherd's Purse. The Shepherd's purse will stop the bleeding, and the horehound will deal with pain. Licorice Root should activate both and make them work faster, so you aren't in as much pain and the bleeding isn't so bad." Res explained, her ear twitching. "Eat all of it, and don't move much - I'm afraid your neck might not be strong enough, and if it's snapped you could be paralyzed." Her voice was stern, definitely falling into a motherly doctor mode as she narrowed her eyes. "Where did you find him, Kahlua?" She asked, tugging on the paint's mane to pull her aside for a second. "And how far did you walk? Did he cry in pain a lot? Do you know when this happened? Do you know how this happened?" All the information was necessary, if this wolf was to be healed, and Res wasn't about to stop until she got it all.

No need to tag me each time
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
Food Chain [Teras, Open] - by Kahlua - 01-03-2014, 12:21 AM
RE: Food Chain [Teras, Open] - by Teras - 01-05-2014, 12:08 AM
RE: Food Chain [Teras, Open] - by Resplendence - 01-05-2014, 01:40 AM
RE: Food Chain [Teras, Open] - by Kahlua - 01-05-2014, 02:58 PM
RE: Food Chain [Teras, Open] - by Teras - 01-05-2014, 09:40 PM