Luken Posts: 27
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.0 :: Three Years [Tallsun Born] HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Sparrow
If I Shout and Can't Be Heard,
I Want to be Destroyed at Your Hands</style>

While I Can Still be Called "Me"

He had been away for a long, long time.

Returning to the Edge had been an... Abrupt decision, one could say, but a needed one. For most of his life, since the departure of his estranged mother, Luken had felt different. He did not feel welcome among his herd-mates, among his family, blaming himself for unknown and ridiculous demons... Strange things, you understand, such as the color of his very coat, and how it resembled his cowardly mother instead of his strong, resilient father.

Oh, father... What do you think of me now?

Cream-kissed hooves brought the painted son closer to the looming glass structure that stood in front of him, and pale ears flicked forward at the simple sight of it. What... What was this? It had not been here during his departure from the Edge. From open end to open end of the Edge it seemed to stretch, and honestly, Luken didn't have the desire to explore it. He just wanted to be home, to Destrier and his twin, Laila.

Through his time away, the draft mutt had changed considerably. At two years of age, Luken was still not his full height, but his body had grown and changed drastically from the young, lanky colt he had been. His eyes, still gentle and kind, had sharpened to a degree, hardening at the world around him, his jaw set and handsome in a way that not-so-discreetly showed his bloodline to Destrier. Thick muscle and long hairs covered the ivory tobiano's hide, a testament to true power, and Luken began to wonder if anyone would even recognize him. Upon his right shoulder, where it had been for some time now, was the mark given to him by the God of the Sun. Sun-shaped it was, and like it had on the first day he had received it, the mark still burned as though a flame had touched him.

It had been so long...

In the midst of his wanderings, Luken spotted the entrance between the impressive glass wall, and with a deep breath he ventured through the narrow passage. As he did so and came through to the other side, the remarkably familiar scent of home wafted to his nostrils, which flared wide in remembrance. Aside from the large glass wall now at his backside, what had changed? Did Mirage still lead these lands with her loving hooves? Would he be welcomed back into their fold? Nervousness began to rise anew within his breast, but Luken would not be deterred. For too long he had lived in uncertainty, like a coward. The colt grit his teeth. No. I am not like my mother. I am no coward.

"Father?" Deep vocals came softly from the painted son's girth, calling for those he could think of, "Suli? Laila? It's me; Luken. I've come home!" For a moment he stood, ears erect and tail held high, staring through the twirling mists of the Edge. Then, boldly, Luken wandered into his home, hoping to once more meet with his beloved family.

"Anyone?"

Messages In This Thread
Of Hope [Open] - by Luken - 01-04-2014, 07:18 AM
RE: Of Hope [Open] - by Kahlua - 01-13-2014, 03:59 PM
RE: Of Hope [Open] - by Aaron - 01-14-2014, 01:28 AM
RE: Of Hope [Open] - by Random Event - 01-15-2014, 10:47 PM
RE: Of Hope [Open] - by Luken - 01-19-2014, 04:30 AM
RE: Of Hope [Open] - by Random Event - 01-19-2014, 12:52 PM
RE: Of Hope [Open] - by Kahlua - 01-19-2014, 02:07 PM