the Rift

[PRIVATE] Unbecoming (Solace) (CLOSED)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>
 Feeling like a fool for trying.</style>

I stepped from the invisible shackles and chains that lashed me home. The half-finished wall was starting to shape up, though it still called for attentions—at least there was visible progress being made over these past few months. Only time would tell if my personal goal to see it finished before the rising of next Tallsun would happen. Alas, progress thus far had been slow. Said wall stretched beyond as far out as the eye could see. My gaze trailed the stones only for a moment, then hastily tore toward the distant hills with a sigh. Feet drove a path across the slopping earth, and sand faded to dry and coarse flora that turned golden with each step. I met the cool dawning sun with a twitching grin just barely creasing the corners of my lips, Orangemoon sun felt smoothly good across my two-toned back. A nice change from the burning heat of Tallsun.

There had been few reasons to smile of late, but at least one could still enjoy the blessings of a bright morning. Fina called out to me, she had gone off a little ways ahead to hunt. I approached her location and noted that the orange bird was perched upon earth, talons astride a rather large desert hare. Sharpened beak had already tore most of the flesh from its quarters, I didn’t flinch from the gory sight. She smiled in my mind and jokingly offered me a bite. Grinning back, I firmly counseled a wise nay. Fina shrugged and went about her business of shredding meat into bite size pieces—all the while keeping her flaming feathers free of bloody muck. Nasty business, hunting. I was thankful that our species didn’t have munch on things that had previously carried a heartbeat.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Unbecoming (Solace) (CLOSED) - by Midas - 01-05-2014, 12:45 AM
RE: Unbecoming (Solace) - by Solace - 01-07-2014, 01:06 AM
RE: Unbecoming (Solace) - by Midas - 01-07-2014, 01:03 PM