the Rift

[OPEN] TAKE ME TO FREEDOM

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
‘Not stay... not safe...’

The zephyr eyed both the unfamiliar stallion and the mare with him, respectively. That deep strain of foreboding tension did not ease when they paused by the company of fellow Helovians- no matter how genuine and pleasant they did seem; instead his suspicion began to surge with the heated blood through his veins, and curdle the thoughts in his fist-sized skull. ‘Run further...’ He urged, willing the Oracle; his dearly beloved to continue south with haste.

Africa was unsettled by the deep anxiety troubling her partner. She fidgeted awkwardly across the rubble-strewn bank of the frothy river with rising apprehension that was not quelled by the chivalrous, even humorous manner of the two-hued stallion. A fleeting smile passed through her expression; polite and transparent naturally, but it was eaten almost as quickly by the stress binding her patience. "Forgive me, please." She asked, flushing with remorse that a better frame of mind had not been set for the quite by chance meeting. "I have errands which call for my attention. I must leave you."

Already she was drawing away from the pair- Silas rising into the bitter breeze reaching down from the northern alps, scouting the road ahead. The Oracle’s tone was apologetic, and truly she felt foul for such brash behaviour, but even so, it could not be helped. Strange shadows loomed without the wake of night and borne amidst them, rumour whispered of strange illness; such could not be ignored by the feeble mare who was forced so primitively to crawl across the earth, she was vulnerable and yearned for the safety of her clan.

"I hope our paths cross at a later time." Africa called into the air, her whiskered chin uplifted as she did so. She was breaking readily into a sweeping canter, and as her stride stretched further, the dappled mare galloped away.

‘Faster, faster...’

And she obliged desperately, pushing herself to the brink of exhaustion as she fled towards home.

[ooc: 48 hours has passed, and with Clo's kind permission, Africa has left this thread.]

Africa

Messages In This Thread
TAKE ME TO FREEDOM - by Comanche - 01-05-2014, 03:13 AM
RE: TAKE ME TO FREEDOM - by Tatum - 01-05-2014, 04:00 AM
RE: TAKE ME TO FREEDOM - by Africa - 01-05-2014, 10:11 PM
RE: TAKE ME TO FREEDOM - by Comanche - 01-05-2014, 11:23 PM
RE: TAKE ME TO FREEDOM - by Comanche - 01-10-2014, 05:29 PM
RE: TAKE ME TO FREEDOM - by Africa - 01-10-2014, 07:55 PM