Unregistered
:: :: ::

Colors explode under your microscope
But just deny as it’s all black and white
I lost my mind under a very black sky
We live our lives mostly pretending
You have a secret, you’ll never know mine
I wear a disguise under a very black sky

Thud...thud...thud...thud... massive hooves beat the ground in a steady rhythm as the giantess stormed out of the fading trees on the meadow's edge. It might have been mid-day but one would never guess it. The sky was growing darker as a storm threatened overhead. The trees she was just leaving rustled and the fading grasses of the vast meadow rippled in great waves as the gusts began to howl. None of this disturbed the great black mare as she strode into the open, there was little that disturbed Rhanna, and less that she would admit to. She was a champion at ignoring her problems, always had been, and when she was forced to face them she met them with an angry word and a kick in the jaw.

As it was, she didn’t think she had any problems at the moment; she didn’t mind the stormy weather, she actually quite liked it; storms kept weaker creatures under cover and out of her way. Rhanna didn’t have any patience for interruptions right now, her mind was tumbling over the events of the past few days. She’d come to this new land, Helovia, Ricochet had called it, and she was eager to explore it. The buttermilk stallion had met her at the threshold and recruited her to his growing band of equines -- not that her loyalties were completely cemented yet. He’d seemed capable enough, and his views on the races ad fallen in line with hers, even been a little more proactive, and she was intrigued enough to want to learn more about the goings-on here in Helovia. Much to the ebon mare’s consternation, the stallion had disappeared shortly after their meeting without giving her much of a clue towards discovering her new comrades in the Empire.

So preoccupied was she, that the mare didn't notice herself approaching the wide waterway, and the first frigid splash of water had her stopping dead in her tracks. Pulled out of her previous train of thought, she stared down at the rushing water, eyes glazed over as if the didn't really see it below her. Her thoughts had been forced back the the last river she'd crossed: wider than this one, faster, and colder in the depths of a winter storm. She remembered her struggles on the banks of that river, hundreds of miles and nearly a year behind her, and she remembered the still little body that she'd left there.

Instantly thrust into a black mood, the mare snarled, more at her memories than the water that had sparked them. "Don't feel it. It's doesn't matter! You're better off without..." her low voice rumbled out as she spoke quietly to herself, trying to beat back the feelings she hated, trying to ignore sense of loss that made her angry, and her own failure. 'You poor thing.' she'd heard it enough as a colt, plain and ungifted in a herd of pegasus and unicorns where magic ran in the blood, but she'd be damned if anyone said it because of the foal she'd lost. I am not to be pitied. Never that! It was the week one, it's not my fault nor my concern anymore. That's what she told herself. That was what she tried so hard to believe. Picking up her feet again she crashed her way through the wide river, emerging on the southern bank as the skies loosed a torrent of rain and a mighty crack of thunder rattled the sky.

-lainespeak-
Anyone is welcome to join, Rhanna's just going to be in a bit of a pissy mood :)

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
under a very black sky - by Rhanna - 01-05-2014, 11:16 PM
RE: under a very black sky - by Jorogumo - 01-08-2014, 12:30 PM
RE: under a very black sky - by Official - 01-08-2014, 01:14 PM
RE: under a very black sky - by Rhanna - 01-08-2014, 11:44 PM
RE: under a very black sky - by Random Event - 01-08-2014, 11:59 PM
RE: under a very black sky - by Jorogumo - 01-10-2014, 01:26 PM
RE: under a very black sky - by Rhanna - 01-12-2014, 03:06 PM