the Rift

[OPEN] Star among stars

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
TORLEIK
Long is the winter of a man's soul

The pegasus tossed her head impetuously at his words and the stallion wondered what sort of explosive mixture this mare's personality would be. The only one thus far that had been - possibly - normal was Brisa. Brisa...I wonder how you fare... he thought idly, trying to keep his focus both physically and mentally on this mare in front of him, for if she was an illusion of the Moon Goddess, it was entirely probable she could read his thoughts.

Torleik regarded the starry mare with wonder when she said nothing to his observance that she could easily be raped by wandering alone, pretty and small as she was. Did this not bother her? Her reaction seemed as unruffled as Ophelia might react to a dark situation such as that. Or, perhaps this pegasus was simply putting on a face, putting up a wall so that he might not read her. Her, or the spectre?

"Speckturr?" Irelyn asked, not understanding this word far beyond her infantile vocabulary.

"Apparition. Ghost. Not someone." His companion seemed to understand that and her golden eyes narrowed more suspiciously at this winged thing like her bonded, but not. It didn't have the things on its head - horns, he called them. But it had wings like she possessed.

If the owl-griffin could have frowned, she would have when the mare's eyes alighted on her once more. "Looking me. No like," she muttered sullenly in Torleik's head and huffed when she felt him softly nudge her with his muzzle. He did that when she needed to be nice. She didn't want to be nice. This thing wasn't nice. Had gotten big and scary and threatening. "...no like." The repeated phrase was stubbornly delivered.

After what seemed like an eternity, the pegasus finally spoke and offered her name in return for Torleik's, and the stallion let out a breath he hadn't been aware he was holding. "Serenity," he rumbled, testing her name on his tongue. "A lovely name for a lovely lady," the stallion offered, the compliment true. "Where do you come from, Serenity?" His question was honest, curious, searching. The rabicano took a small step closer, ignoring Irelyn's audible grunt of disapproval.

She didn't like that, and tiring of his idiocy around the females of his kind, dug her tiny little talons into his flesh. Torleik snapped his head around and narrowed his eyes at her, ears angled back in heavy displeasure. "Ow," he growled.

"You stupid," the companion replied as if it were obvious, preening a few of her breast feathers to visibly compliment how irksome it was to have to point this out to him. So irksome, it made the current positioning of her plumage unbearable. Because his stupidity was unbearable. Could he comprehend that? Irelyn liked her bonded, but he was...she did not have the capacity for defining him, immature as she was - but that didn't mean she couldn't judge him; and she did.

"So kind..." he muttered, glancing back at Serenity. A thought occurred to him and he straightened his posture once more. "Forgive me; I am used to her presence but I am sure you are not: this is Irelyn," he introduced, discerning that perhaps his companion was angry with him because he had neglected to treat her as important in this exchange. The surprised little thrill of pleasure through their bond confirmed that was at least part of it and Torleik couldn't help be further amused at his owl-griffin.

If this was what having children was like, maybe he did want a family. He was enjoying this journey, all the little detours along navigating the maze of being there alongside a youngling as they grew.

Credits: Image by Flowering Fatality @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Star among stars - by Serenity - 01-06-2014, 09:22 PM
RE: Star among stars - by Torleik - 02-11-2014, 03:49 PM
RE: Star among stars - by Serenity - 02-16-2014, 12:22 PM
RE: Star among stars - by Torleik - 03-09-2014, 12:39 AM
RE: Star among stars - by Serenity - 03-13-2014, 10:36 PM
RE: Star among stars - by Torleik - 03-18-2014, 01:50 AM