Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud

And please remember me as in the dream
We had as rug burned babies
Among the fallen trees and fast asleep
Beside the lions and the ladies.

[For @[Lakota] ]

How long had it been, since her carefree days, frolicking in the woods with stallions nipping at her heels? Too long my friends, far too long. She had entered this messy place with no family and no direction, and even though the warrior-days of the Grey were over, Phaedra couldn't help but miss them.

Oh, she could have ruled the Foothills, surely. She could have wiped the disapproving looks off of each face that regarded her sparkling physique with disdain. She could have shown them that she was not weak, that she had not been chosen merely because of her beauty and a brief moment of romance with Apollo but...

She hadn't.

There had been a time where her ability to sink into the shadows was heralded as a gift, and her stealthy ways rewarded. Now her absence merely sowed discontent amongst those who called her 'queen', if only to her face. Gods only knew what they said behind her back. But it isn't easy to be the beauty queen. Phaedra didn't select the genetics that gave her lean muscles and pale curls. Perhaps there were some who could fight their lineage - warriors with the bodies of dancers - but not Phaedra. She was built for speed and being looked at; little else. But she had tried, hadn't she?

"Didn't I Stella? I captured one of the most hated criminals in Helovia - Tio. I found a place in the Grey. I defeated Aisha and Archibald's girlfriend - and I didn't do so badly against that long-haired mare during the Invasion, either. I..." With a light sigh, Phaedra cast her dazzling gaze away from the skies. Pinpoints of starlight reflected through the tears that threatened to fall from her eyes.

I am what I am. Why is that not enough?

That called you what you like and even might
Give a gift for your behavior
A fleeting chance to see a trapeze
Swinger high as any savior.

Image Credits
 HP: 45.5

Messages In This Thread
Gleam and Resonate - by Phaedra - 01-07-2014, 02:21 PM
RE: Gleam and Resonate - by Lakota - 01-08-2014, 01:41 AM
RE: Gleam and Resonate - by Phaedra - 01-12-2014, 04:28 PM
RE: Gleam and Resonate - by Lakota - 01-13-2014, 03:00 AM