the Rift

[PRIVATE] Gleam and Resonate

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
L a k o t a

At first, it seemed the golden beauty did not wish for her presence, though Lakota had been the one to intrude she mused internally. Tension ghosted up her slim frame, and seafoam eyes were turned to stare at her, no longer wistfully gazing at the sky above. The glow of her gaze was more than beautiful and serene, instead stressed and frantic, as if trying to hide something from the sapphire medic. Why would she? She was so gorgeous, and Lakota often felt self-conscious, around her. Normally she was not so shallow, uncaring if she looked a mess, but ever since investing her heart in Ktulu...well, it was easy to see the better traits in others that could easily dwarf the few she had. Taking comfort and courage in the soft click of her clay beads, she stepped closer with every gentle word, not wanting Phaedra to run away from her. She wanted to apologize, show her just how regretful she was for what she had done so callously. But whatever she had said seemed to work wonders on the brilliant sleuth, for her lean muscles relaxed, and her eyes seemed stormy with emotion.

Lakota didn't want her to cry, feared she might. She loved the golden girl far more than she liked to admit, stubborn brat though she was. All she wanted was to hug her close, bonk her on the head, and tell her she loved her. Anything to get that look off her pretty face. But it seemed Phaedra intended to listen instead of speak, gears turning in her head, Lakota could at least see that. But whatever she was thinking, she didn't share, and instead her little spy began moving.

Shimmering as she walked, she was a sight to behold to any, but Lakota wasn't looking. No, she was instead focused on the tear-misted eyes, remaining perfectly still for the maiden to decide on her own what she intended to do. Seeing Phaedra cry was not only a very rare occurrence, but one she didn't like to revisit. It broke her heart to see her so distraught. What had happened to her golden china doll to make her look so sorrowful?

It would have to wait, for the Chieftess lowered her crown to the slightly shorter mare, and Lakota received her touch easily. Turning, she hooked her chin over Phaedra's neck, pulling her closer as tears stained her dark coat. Lakota would let her cry it out, because she knew the importance of it. How many times had she gone to Alleo to cry on his shoulder? It made her heart throb with a pitiful amount of love for the mere child sobbing on her shoulder, to know she trusted the poisoner enough to be this open and raw with her.

Shifting slowly, she smoothed Phaedra's mane idly, velvet muzzle tracing the smooth lines of her neck soothingly. Anything, anything to calm those tears. "Hush, little sister. I'm here, I will always be here for you." She spoke it reverently into Phaedra's ears, fierce and honest. So long as the Opulent child wanted or needed her, Lakota would answer her call. As she always had. As she likely always would. Phaedra had effectively wrapped her around her little finger, but Lakota only accepted it with a gentle sigh. She supposed it wasn't so bad a job.

In Phaedra's sobbing came three words, and Lakota stared down at her in shock. Her? Do it? As in...lead? Be Chieftess? "Phaedra, love. You know I will do as you wish, if you are sure. I cannot...I cannot stand to see you like this. I accept, on one condition." Here, she squeezed the taller girl to her side, stubbornly requesting her presence. Nibbling at the crest of her neck gently, lovingly, she turned to look at Phaedra the best she could, with the golden girl hiding in her shoulder like a foal.

"If I do this...you stand by me as my spy. I trust you, little sister, with my life and the lives of all those who stay in these lands. If you truly want me to take this burden from you...I shall. But you shall not be rid of me so easily, little sister." Her tone lightened, lovingly exasperated. She simply could not have Phaedra leave, she loved her too dearly, still had so much to make up for. Too many had wandered from her side, she couldn't handle another.

In the skies came the sharp cry of a bird, a flaming streak of orange and red across the skies. Frowning as she lifted her head to track its progress, she heard Apollo's urgent call moments later. He must have spotted it too, and recognized a message she could not see. But there was panic and stress in his tone, and she tensed beneath her china doll sister, knowing there was something very wrong. Backing up, she prowled in a tight circle around the pegasus, violet eyes examining every shadow for an intruder to protect Phaedra from.

Briskly she turned to the other fae, pressing her muzzle to her hornless brow affectionately despite her militaristic stance. "There is something wrong. Go, Phaedra. I will search the borders for stragglers. You go to Apollo. Aodaun will go with you, for protection. I will find you," she swore, staring into her eyes, trying to share her strength with the crying child. Whatever was going on, it was serious, and she knew Phaedra would be safer traveling with the herd instead of with Lakota. Nudging her gently, eyes soft, she jerked her head towards the area of the woods where Apollo's call had originated.

"We will speak more when this is over, whatever it is. I love you, little sister. Be safe." Lakota stepped forward to brush her cheek against Phaedra's, and then turned towards the borders, beginning to run. Aodaun stayed obediently by Phaedra's side, looking up at her with bright lime eyes, determination in his fuzzy little face. Lakota had told him to protect her, and protect her he would.

---
Wrapping this up so that Phaedra and Lakota aren't targeted by the wraiths <3 this is directly before Lakota meets Ktulu when Ktulu is infected, where Aodaun will shortly meet up with Lakota (presumably once Phaedra has made it to Apollo/the bulk of the herd) and then will follow her to the Sanctuary.

Messages In This Thread
Gleam and Resonate - by Phaedra - 01-07-2014, 02:21 PM
RE: Gleam and Resonate - by Lakota - 01-08-2014, 01:41 AM
RE: Gleam and Resonate - by Phaedra - 01-12-2014, 04:28 PM
RE: Gleam and Resonate - by Lakota - 01-13-2014, 03:00 AM