the Rift

[Outcast/Asylum] Fading Beginnings

Skysong Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Skysong

Chest heaving and heart racing I stare at the creek as though it had betrayed me. My dual colored eyes closed as I waited for something to happen internally, something that verified the voices claim that it had been poison. It looked clean and smelled like water should, but why chance it? Shhh, someone's coming! A snapping twig sounded in the forest. My eyes flashed open, darting around the scene for a sign of another presence nearby. They found nothing but foliage, everything fitting, nothing out of place, even as more footsteps sounded.

Closer. It's getting closer.
"Quiet!" I scolded the voice.
I spun to my right as an ebony beast emerged from behind a large tree. I flared my nostrils catching his unfamiliar scent, and the faint scents of others, more familiar. Eris? No he's not Eris! He isn't real. The stallion spoke in a reprimanding tone, asking about the woods that brought memories flashing forth. Memories of my life before. "I know he's not Eris and of course he's real" I murmured back even as my mind drifted, caught in the few memories of my youth. Glass Horn... Seele? Eris? I raised my head, glancing over the brute, eyes catching the bag across his withers. A bag I remembered seeing in passing, one I wanted but didn't know how to get. His expression didn't look threatening, but I know how easy it is for some of these guys to hide their emotions.

I realized I hadn't answered him, getting flustered and mentally kicking myself for being so dumb. "I can't remember." I replied in a whisper, fearing a beating but respecting the possibility of one as well. I was untrained, and I had still left. Because you have a death wish my dear. "No I don't." I spoke in a louder, frustrated tone in response to the voice. They never understood and we'd had this argument before.
I shifted my weight nervously. Looking at the stallion once more I spoke, "Skysong." Then in a more determined tone, "My name is Skysong, who are you?" My eyes flicked again to his bag, wondering if it had just moved or if that was in my head. Assassins! He's carrying assassins! I rolled my eyes, but still stared at the bag in a wary way, waiting for him to do something other than just standing there.

Word Count: 385
OOC:
walking::thinking::"talking"::and the voices only I can hear

Messages In This Thread
[Outcast/Asylum] Fading Beginnings - by Skysong - 01-08-2014, 12:51 PM
RE: [Outcast/Asylum] Fading Beginnings - by Oxy - 01-09-2014, 09:32 PM
RE: [Outcast/Asylum] Fading Beginnings - by Skysong - 01-12-2014, 01:07 PM
RE: [Outcast/Asylum] Fading Beginnings - by Skysong - 01-14-2014, 12:21 PM
RE: [Outcast/Asylum] Fading Beginnings - by Oxy - 01-13-2014, 03:14 PM