the Rift

[OPEN] slime and snails and puppy dog tails [sikeax]

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
   ranjiri</style>
  dreams start their drifting and you hear a lullaby</style>

I should have been paying attention, but hind sight is always twenty-twenty, isn't it? For all the restlessness and unease I had been feeling I really shouldn't have let my guard down. The first clue came with the stink of something dead and rotting. Naturally I looked up to see if there were any vultures circling around in the sky like they always do before settling down for a rather distasteful meal. I didn't see anything, but the smell was so strong I started to look down at the ground. It was about that time that I stretched out my wings then pulled them back in and nearly died as something bumped against my sides and wiggled under my wing. The smell was stronger and I jolted forward and whirled around, my eyes going wide when I saw what I had pulled against me and what was wiggling around under my wing and smearing only the gods knew what against my coat.

I smelled like it, I knew that much.

My jaw hung open when the thing actually started to talk to me and called me rude. "I... I didn't know you were... were there." I stammered as I took a step back, but for being a dead thing it was remarkably fast. I yelped and squealed when she yanked out one of my feathers out. In self defense I batted my wings at her, hoping that I would knock her away so she would leave me alone, but the onslaught was relentless and I lost a couple more feathers before she stopped plucking them. I was sobbing and begging for her to stop, but she was such a pure form of evil that my pleads were wholly ignored.

She bit me. My skin was pinched and bruised and I was pretty sure that I was left bleeding in a couple of spots. My wings, where she had plucked my feathers so roughly, were bleeding as well. "STOP!" I screamed and flapped my wings crazily, but by that time she was stomping up strange black dust that I coughed and choked on. I reeled backwards, shaking my head and snorting, tears leaking down my face as I wished that I had Momma or Daddy with me. Of course I had no idea that Momma was one of them.

Suddenly the monster that attacked me sneezed and it seemed like the physical attacks were over. I looked at her and stepped backwards again then turned and began to run, stretched my wings out, and started flapping them because I wanted to be in the sky and away from the monster that had assaulted me.

@[Random Event]
"Talk."

Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
RE: slime and snails and puppy dog tails [sikeax] - by Sikeax - 01-08-2014, 08:53 PM
RE: slime and snails and puppy dog tails [sikeax] - by Ranjiri - 01-08-2014, 10:05 PM