the Rift

now i feel nothing [gaucho]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
There was some faint part of my mind that realized Guacho had just touched my shoulder—speaking short words of direct comfort and likely false hope. I shuttered and shied from his touch, eyes locked onto the deadling as if she’d become my last pillar to hold. How? I wanted to whisper, and then scream. How would we even begin to mend this unspeakable horror? Restore the golden light where it properly belonged. Her smile and stare dripped poison and evil—luring me, taunting me. I stepped forward, just once and found myself trembling. Sweat pooled beneath the weight of my collar and the tender portions of my belly and underpits.

She was right, every word hit the mark with truth. I hadn’t been around, hadn’t been there to protect her—shield my babe from this horrible world. Voice had frozen like the ice that was rushing painfully through my veins. Power swelled from beneath me, scattering gold and earth aside from where I stood; and the ground beneath my hooves trembled. When she came at us the steel around my neck spread apart, each plate swiftly falling aside to mold into the contours of my body. If she struck, I’d be ready. My feet spread and planted themselves as a stoic soldier would.

Her mark had not been for us or the entrance, it had been for Guacho’s old trinket. Ranjiri tore it to ribbons—shredding metal and leather alike.
There had hardly been a moment when I felt more helpless than right now, even as my adorned crown shifted toward her in threatening stance. Teeth ground upon themselves and ivory feathers left the comfort of their sleeve when she turned away from me. Cera. Earth cracked from beneath me and the place which she had stood moments ago, my voice roared into heaven, a warrior’s cry of defiance and sorrow. Armored gaze shot toward Guacho. Wordlessly screaming, “We have to do something!”

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
now i feel nothing [gaucho] - by Ranjiri - 01-09-2014, 12:16 AM
RE: now i feel nothing [gaucho] - by Gaucho - 01-09-2014, 12:46 AM
RE: now i feel nothing [gaucho] - by Ranjiri - 01-09-2014, 04:05 PM
RE: now i feel nothing [gaucho] - by Midas - 01-10-2014, 10:17 PM
RE: now i feel nothing [gaucho] - by Gaucho - 01-12-2014, 05:02 PM
RE: now i feel nothing [gaucho] - by Ranjiri - 01-19-2014, 05:30 PM
RE: now i feel nothing [gaucho] - by Midas - 01-20-2014, 11:20 PM