the Rift

Absinthian Salutations [PLAGUE]

Déodat Posts: 174
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 12 HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Odette :: White German Shepherd :: None Minx

The vagabond whipped around toward the Blood Prince once words began to pour out of his mouth. Despite the malice and mad bloodlust the stranger didn’t attack nor move toward him. At least he displayed some level of control that no many had when previously attacked, this warrior was proving himself to be a worthy recruit and potentially deserving of the name of soldier. As long as the monster knew when to put itself on a leash, they could get along just fine. Even though the fight had ceased, Déodat could see the fire and passion within the stallion’s eyes. A name is offered and he rummaged through his memory and found nothing familiar. “It’s a pleasure I’m sure.” Déodat said. Being in the company of one so similar in purpose made him feel far more at ease, there wouldn’t be any need to masquerade kindness and cordiality.

Déodat studied every fiber of the monster that lay slain and still upon the ground at his feet. Who knew that the skyrats could become even more putrid and foul. When Crash spoke, his eyes drifted back p to the other stallion and a smile broke the frown despite the morbidity of the comments. “For once, I don’t think such a vile freak of nature wasn’t brought forth from perverse lust. There is a darkness hovering over Helovia and I think this beast is a product of it.” Did this land ever have peace? When he first came abysmal darkness had a firm clutch upon the land, and now dead were rising up from their graves.

A tale poured from Crash’s mouth, one that he surely could empathize with as he himself had wandered from the familiarity of Helovia. “So, the prodigal child returns to his kingdom of ice.” At the mention of the Darkempress, the Blood Prince sighed and shook his head. “No, the empress fell after the invasion of the Edge. Deimos the Reaper and Illynx the GildedBlade have taken the roles of leadership.” There was a moment of hesitation with Arah, and all he could offer the stallion was a shrug. “Last I saw of Arah was long ago, but I don’t doubt whether she still lives within the Basin.” The powers of the Basin had shifted and was but a wisp of its former glory, but Crash didn’t need to know that.

There was another sound off in the distance, but he paid it no mind as there were many roving about these forests. When there was rustling, the Blood Prince’s head snapped in that direction, and he felt something crash into him. Instinctively his muscles tensed and he prepared himself for another foul beast, but what he saw was a child. Déodat blinked, unsure as to why the boy stood in awe of him as there was nothing particularly spectacular about himself, at least he hadn’t continued on with his rude tangents. The Blood Prince did his best to contain his laughter but a suppressed chuckle escaped and it shifted into full on laughter. Despite that layer of gruff tones and frowns, his laughter was warm.

As he gained control of himself, the dual-horned boy began angrily throwing out demands. Before him was a familiar sight, as he could drift back to the days of his colthood and the wild spitfire he had been. Even now he still had a temper that would flare at any moment, but he had learned the art of control. “Cease your demands and calm that temper of yours boy.” Déodat’s face hardened once more. Without any hesitation he reached out and yanked the remains of the rabbit from his horn and tossed it off into the brush. The Blood Prince fell silent as he studied the boy before him with a new intent. This boy could be carefully shaped and crafted to be quite the deadly killer, already he was displaying the fire for it. “That fire of yours could be your saving grace in a battle, but you must learn to tame it. Blindly allowing yourself to go berserk could result in death as you can behave recklessly, just like you did now. All it would’ve taken for me to kill you was scrape my horn across that little throat of yours. Where is your mother boy? This is absolutely not a time for you to be roaming about. And if you’re alone, the Basin can make use of someone like you.”

Children were far from an interest of his, but there could be uses with such a child like this. Slowly he lowered his head so he was on eye level with the boy. “You’re one of the blessed race boy, and I can help you make that temper and horn of yours into a weapon. I’ve got an eye for potential, and you have it.” His head raised and he looked back over at Crash Course, and winked. “Of course, if you’re mother is waiting for you I will not take you with me, but one with a horn is always welcomed amongst the Basin. Tell me, Crash, can’t you see potential in our little killer here?”

The words that poured from his mouth were genuine, and he shouldn’t so quickly throw out offers, but Déodat could see this boy radiated the aura of a killer and if he was guided carefully within the coming years he would become a beast of war, the Blood Prince would ensure that.

"talk talk talk"

May angels protect you
[Image: QV8O7HU.gif]
Cut from the cloth, of a flag that
Bears the name of "Battle Born"
con by aihnna@dA

Messages In This Thread
Absinthian Salutations [PLAGUE] - by Crash Course - 01-09-2014, 05:01 PM
RE: Absinthian Salutations [PLAGUE] - by Déodat - 01-09-2014, 06:38 PM
RE: Absinthian Salutations [PLAGUE] - by Feritas - 01-11-2014, 07:46 PM
RE: Absinthian Salutations [PLAGUE] - by Déodat - 01-13-2014, 10:15 PM