the Rift

Sooner Or Later [Hector, Open]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
I felt his frustration through voice and movements, for it was an echo of the concerned throbbing’s that shuttered my own heartbeat out of pace on quiet occasion—more so when kin all around us turned hope into a fleeting creature of mythical origin. So quickly did those of weak temperance lose faith in their leaders and childhood morals when the times turned hard, and then held fast when no measure of discomfort can be had. Perhaps it was our fault for being shortsighted, or not taking the opportunity to see what those who turned a blind eye to. When the orange warrior asked if our family had offered prayer toward the deity which guarded our home and lands, or any deity for that matter; muzzle shook back and forth slowly, unmarred façade remained the picture of calm , “I know not dear brother. There are many voices that cry out, though none of late have shouted to heaven. Ye can be assured that prayers still rise for their sake by these lips.” He knew my raising, indeed we had very nearly grown up from yearlings together—his time in Helovia had been shortened by a season or so.

Earth still held my attention, and unwavering faith that his unyielding stream of patience wouldn’t abandon us—and Sun wouldn’t allow his children of sand to fall into the afterlife without a glorious battle. My friend and long standing comrade then broached another question, this one capturing my attention. One ear slipped aside, knocking against my skull gently as curious goldenrods peered at him sideways, “Yar,” I replied softly, thinking about the possibility of their importance and coincidence. “There is little in this world that I would leave to luck, like this strange cavern that had only recently been discovered—after being lost for all these years.” Gaze shifted to stare at him steady, a small smile formed for his sake as I offered humorously, “Are ye of a studying mind? Those writings tell ancient tales that I fear not even my Da or his could have remembered.”

Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Sooner Or Later [Hector, Open] - by Windwalker - 01-10-2014, 03:04 PM
RE: Sooner Or Later [Hector, Open] - by Midas - 01-10-2014, 08:45 PM
RE: Sooner Or Later [Hector, Open] - by Hector - 01-10-2014, 11:17 PM
RE: Sooner Or Later [Hector, Open] - by Midas - 01-11-2014, 06:57 PM
RE: Sooner Or Later [Hector, Open] - by Hector - 01-12-2014, 05:24 AM
RE: Sooner Or Later [Hector, Open] - by Midas - 01-14-2014, 07:09 PM
RE: Sooner Or Later [Hector, Open] - by Hector - 01-20-2014, 09:15 PM
RE: Sooner Or Later [Hector, Open] - by Midas - 01-21-2014, 11:06 PM
RE: Sooner Or Later [Hector, Open] - by Hector - 01-22-2014, 09:22 PM