the Rift

Golden
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Too few had returned. Not enough of our kin had arrived to safety; I stood outside the cave with a forlorn exhaustion brought from sleepless eves and wakeful morns. My heart ached for our allies, those who might yet know nothing of this attack. My eyes wandered over the lava filled wombs that had split over time. Each bubbling pit a promise of death, each breath we took was nearly a promise.

“To me,” I called through our bond. Our special connection that surpassed even this darkness. She came from the caves, eager to get out of horrible confinement. Alighting beside my face, she felt the spawning sadness and rubbed her beak gently against the side of my cheek—“Go,” I whispered, “Warn our allies of this darkness. Guide those that will follow.” Slowly I reached around, gently pulling loose two precious golden feathers from my appendages. Fina grasped them firmly inside her talons. “They will know something is wrong...fly high…fly fast my child, my sister, my friend.”

For a moment we stood together, two halves of a single soul. She was much quicker and could reach altitudes that most Pegasus couldn’t breech. Still we brushed foreheads with the utmost tenderness, her ever-flaming fire burning harmlessly into my forehead. And then she was gone. Away into heaven with two golden feathers clutched tightly, a message for those that remained in a clan. “Please,” I prayed to Earth when Fina was out of sight. Eyes slithered close and face tilted toward the dark sky, “Protect her. Defend my sons and family, deliver us.”

Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Golden - by Midas - 01-10-2014, 10:34 PM
RE: Golden - by Rasta - 01-12-2014, 01:57 AM
RE: Golden - by Yitilu - 01-12-2014, 01:59 AM
RE: Golden - by Midas - 01-12-2014, 06:20 PM
RE: Golden - by Rasta - 01-16-2014, 09:38 PM
RE: Golden - by Alleo - 01-17-2014, 06:54 PM
RE: Golden - by Midas - 02-17-2014, 02:51 PM