Golden

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
give me your eyes for just one second,
give me your eyes so i can see
everything that i keep missing

The cave was small. Too small for my liking - at least with the multitude of horses and their wings. I had rested long enough from the length of the journey that had exhausted not only my limbs but my mind. And, while I had no desire to leave this area I could feel the vibrations of another creature lingering at the opening of the cave.

I took quick, but careful steps. My hooves clicking delicately against the hardened floor of the cave, small splashes sprayed out before me as I continued to move through watery confines that we were now beginning to call our home. I supposed I couldn't complain, if there was some sort of darkness looming overhead, and so I shuffled my feet and was going to have to begin to get used to this different type of life.

But it was so much like my time being held prisoner. A damp cave. Water always at my feet. Guards at the opening. Forced to eat. Forced to drink. I had to stay alive so they could torture me mentally. I had been a prisoner of war, and this cave (while expansive with tunnels in many different directions and winding in different avenues) was still a cave and I was still being forced to live in it.

No. I needed time to myself - away from the expanse of the herd that was suffocating in its nature of caring. After all, even when i had been a leader I had been a near silent keeper. One who lurked in the shadows, assuring myself of their safety and allowing them to work out their own issues. And then, when it was necessary I would intervene, allow for peace to happen. I had been a legend, during those times, and it had worked well. However, it was different here. I would need to remind myself of that more often.

When I finally break my way to the surface, the fire still swirling off of my hair and hooves, I watch as the burning bird takes to the sky with two of Midas's feathers clutched in her claws. My ears twitch to the sound of him asking for his family to be defended, for something to deliver "us" - whatever us meant. His eyes were closed, head tilted up toward the sky that he could so easily fly up towards and relish in.

I let out a small snort, attempting to alert him to my presence when words will not be allowed to fall from my maw before slinking up toward his side. Something was bothering him, as had been bothering him during our first meeting not long after the sun had finally begun to rise again. A pain was in my heart, for running off so foolishly after seeing his burning hawk and being overtaken by memories, and I would have to find a way to apologize.

Delicately, I allowed my maw to reach out toward his shoulder, near where his wing connected to the built muscles, and brushing against it if he would allow for our two bodies to connect for a moment. And then, once again, I tried to meet his gaze should he look toward me - my eyes following where his where on his head. My cranium tilted ever so slightly to the side and audits perked up in alert. What's wrong? Something has to be wrong? Concern was laced in my features, flickering through my orbs, and twisting in my stance as I took a light step back to ensure that he had his room as we stood there.

Could I do anything to ease the pain?
Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Golden - by Midas - 01-10-2014, 10:34 PM
RE: Golden - by Rasta - 01-12-2014, 01:57 AM
RE: Golden - by Yitilu - 01-12-2014, 01:59 AM
RE: Golden - by Midas - 01-12-2014, 06:20 PM
RE: Golden - by Rasta - 01-16-2014, 09:38 PM
RE: Golden - by Alleo - 01-17-2014, 06:54 PM
RE: Golden - by Midas - 02-17-2014, 02:51 PM