the Rift

In the Dead of Night

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

For One More Day, I'm Not Afraid to Fall

It had been two things that had brought Apollo to this place, leading the ones who would follow him to a place that he hoped would hold salvation. Rumors and circulations of the undead walking the earth, causing terrors unmentionable, infecting others... The thought was terrifying, and the stallion wanted nothing more than to keep his family safe.

That safety had come in the form of a familiar golden creature, flying through the skies of the Foothills. Fina. Ear-splitting cries had alerted the Chief that not all was well, and something unnatural began to well within his breast.

"Brothers!" Apollo had cried into the air, his throat aching from the ferocious, fearful tone that left his lips, "Sisters! We must leave, we must find safety!" Through the hills that he had long protected he had ran, hooves creating a rough staccato against the terrain. To any who would listen the Merciful went about collecting his family, to lead them to this place. This strange, strange place... The most surprising who had come with him, however, was Eytan, the grizzly who shared the other half of Ktulu's soul. There was something off about the brown grizzly, and the lack of Ktulu alongside him was a terror that Apollo had rarely felt before.

God, Ktu... Please, please be okay. He didn't know what he would do if something was to have happened to the dark mistress, but right now, Apollo knew his worry needed to remain on those that he could find.

Fina had led them here, and Apollo ventured into the earthen cave located at the midst of Helovia's Heart, nostrils flaring and honey-brown eyes wide with terror. His ears were pricked and alert, sides heaving in a mixture of emotion. At his side, Eytan ambled into the cave, a mixture of curiosity and sadness resounding within his caramel colored eyes.

"Stay close, Eytan," Apollo breathed softly, glancing behind him to see the others following, "This is where Fina has led us... This must be a safe place." Descending into the cave, slipping briefly in the moist soil and rocks, the black and white overo was enveloped in a strange sense of warmth emanating from the walls of the cave itself. It was a stark contrast to the bitter, Orangemoon air in the above world. As the cave opened and widened, revealing many underground passage ways, Apollo came to a stop and released a tired sigh. "By the Gods... I've never seen such a place."

He was still afraid, still terrified of the change that had come over Helovia... But he knew he had to at least appear strong, for his herd. What could he do? A coward he felt like, but how else could he protect them against the undead?

Father Earth... I'm such a terrible Chief. Forgive me.

[ooc: Ali has kindly given me permission to play Eytan during this thread, due to Ktu's infected state. :D Also, I hope this isn't too.... Powerplay-ing for anyone, as I tried to be as unobtrusive as possible.]

For One More Day, We Try to Save it All

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
In the Dead of Night - by Apollo - 01-11-2014, 03:36 PM
RE: In the Dead of Night - by Midas - 01-11-2014, 05:28 PM
RE: In the Dead of Night - by Lakota - 01-12-2014, 07:22 AM
RE: In the Dead of Night - by Locket - 01-12-2014, 10:02 AM
RE: In the Dead of Night - by Apollo - 01-12-2014, 10:30 AM
RE: In the Dead of Night - by Arrane - 01-12-2014, 01:36 PM
RE: In the Dead of Night - by Midas - 01-12-2014, 05:25 PM
RE: In the Dead of Night - by Tharos - 01-12-2014, 11:07 PM