the Rift

In the Dead of Night

Arrane Posts: 127
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 5 years
Orinthia
Monsters. That's what those mutilated bodies with rotting flesh were. Disheveled monsters that fed off the flesh of the living. The strong warrior, a stallion who never showed a hint of fear, or cried, had tears fall that day. He thought those creatures had consumed little Abishia, and Boa. Well, eventually the ivory mare was infected, causing the stallion to run with terrifying images of the gentle woman. Arrane was panicked. He had never witnessed something so gruesome--so stomach churning. It was because of those monsters, dry stains marked his snowy face, and the reason behind his upset stomach.

He was unable to defend the two, like a coward because he couldn't win against the beings of darkness. Arrane was going to fight, even if it was to the death, but Boa had told him to run. The stallion sought to show her a way back to the Foothills, but she had come too late for Micha, the monster of a filly claimed her as one of them. Swallowing, a loud gulping noise resonated as he ran aimlessly. The Foothills horses started vanishing or turning into those monsters, and Arrane escaped, but not after sounding a warning that they were within the territory.

Blood, dirt and cuts stained his snowy pelt, and he only hoped that Abishia--not only her, but the whole of Foothills was okay. But where was he running to? Aimless in the vast lands of Helovia? His body started heaving with effort, cyan eyes clouding after never slowing his pace once. His head was spinning and at last he saw familiar figures at the entrance of a gaping cave. He tried to make a sound, but it choked in his throat with the effort it took to continue galloping.

Tears could no longer sting his eyes, and a pain spread throughout his rib cage, constricting his chest and lungs. Hiccuping sobs were finally heard through ivory ears, and Arrane halted before four of his brethren. Panting and harshly breathing the world spun, sensing the grief that encircled them. "I-I was coming back to the Foothills with new recruits", brimming at his lids was the soft touch of water. "We were attacked by two different wraiths", voice cracking, hoarse from his exertion, Arrane continued.

"Those monsters...they...they turned one of them in front of my eyes...I-I", the laid back man felt sick. The horrendous stench of death would never be forgotten, as with the disturbing images that raided his mind. Trying to control himself, the man began deeply breathing in and out, slowly, shutting his eyes. Arrane needed to compose himself, the warrior who offered his shoulder for anyone in need. At last, his panic subsided, but agony still throbbed at his heart. "If you fight them, you'll be ripped apart and turned into one of them. Fighting is out of the question", staying hushed after that, he knew he wasn't the one asked.

But the ivory stallion was here to help. Whatever his leader wished of him, he would do. "Apollo, brethren. Words cannot explain my happiness that you are alive", feeling sick once more, remembering the two mares, he forced himself to continue. "I am here to offer myself, to help in any way I can".

Messages In This Thread
In the Dead of Night - by Apollo - 01-11-2014, 03:36 PM
RE: In the Dead of Night - by Midas - 01-11-2014, 05:28 PM
RE: In the Dead of Night - by Lakota - 01-12-2014, 07:22 AM
RE: In the Dead of Night - by Locket - 01-12-2014, 10:02 AM
RE: In the Dead of Night - by Apollo - 01-12-2014, 10:30 AM
RE: In the Dead of Night - by Arrane - 01-12-2014, 01:36 PM
RE: In the Dead of Night - by Midas - 01-12-2014, 05:25 PM
RE: In the Dead of Night - by Tharos - 01-12-2014, 11:07 PM
RE: In the Dead of Night - by Ampere - 01-12-2014, 11:18 PM
RE: In the Dead of Night - by Guinevere - 01-13-2014, 01:34 AM
RE: In the Dead of Night - by Lakota - 01-18-2014, 05:10 PM