World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

The more the light shines through me
I pretend to close my eyes
The more the dark consumes me
I pretend I'm burning
</style>

It was fear which fueled me to carry on, all the way from the endless blue to the Foothills, where we spied the herd moving out in caravan style to... well, I didn't know. With Ampere still at might side, we shifted course and followed them silently, remaining in the sky with ever watchful eyes. He enjoyed Ampere's company immensely, even it was in contemplative silence, as we both struggled to make sense of what was happening to the world we knew. I was happy I had found her, for I feared what might have become of her had I not warned her of the incoming threat. For a brief moment I toyed my mind with thoughts of what did happen to those who didn't run, but with a single shudder I abandoned the thoughts.

Eventually we all arrived at the Heart of Helovia, a place I had never truly cared to explore before. Below us, the others seemed to be ducking down into a hidden opening within the grasses, and I was perplexed as members of my herd began to disappear beneath the earth. Exchanging glances with Ampere, I began to descend with her towards the ground to follow the rest, and like her, I too disliked the thought of being trapped beneath the earth where wings would be useless. "We'll be alright," I tried to assure her as we headed down the slippery entrance of the cave, daring to reach out with my muzzle and pressing it firmly into her shoulder if she allowed it, "I promise." And with that, we descended underground.

There were many bodies already shoved and stuffed into the cave, some faces I recognized and others I didn't. Having just arrived, I was unsure just how big these caverns were, but I hoped they spread out enough to accommodate so many. Keeping myself at Ampere's side and not daring to remove myself from that position even as the blue streaked mare questioned the location of our warriors. I yearned to give her an answer, but anything I could say would probably be a lie. I didn't know.

Casting my gaze to Apollo, I shot a small smile in his direction. I was thankful that the overo had retained his position against the one called Confutatis, for what would she have done when faced with this threat? "The feeling is mutual," I replied to him with a sigh of relief, for I wasn't sure what I would have done if I'd learned that the Chief was missing or deceased... or possibly worse. "Ampere and I flew above the rest, and I kept my eyes pried, but... I didn't see anyone who I don't see now." A tone of sadness filled my voice; I prayed all would be well for those who hadn't made it with the rest. "I may go back out and search for stragglers, or those who just don't know. Please," I said, meeting the Chief's gaze and already expecting him to deny me, "With my magic, I can escape almost anything. I could save so many."

"blah blah blah."

image by blu | table code by tamme
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
In the Dead of Night - by Apollo - 01-11-2014, 03:36 PM
RE: In the Dead of Night - by Midas - 01-11-2014, 05:28 PM
RE: In the Dead of Night - by Lakota - 01-12-2014, 07:22 AM
RE: In the Dead of Night - by Locket - 01-12-2014, 10:02 AM
RE: In the Dead of Night - by Apollo - 01-12-2014, 10:30 AM
RE: In the Dead of Night - by Arrane - 01-12-2014, 01:36 PM
RE: In the Dead of Night - by Midas - 01-12-2014, 05:25 PM