the Rift

In the Dead of Night
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>
 Bite into the flesh and draw out the darkness</style>

Somehow having him near made this whole nightmare easier to handle. Apollo, and other familiar faces. Yet, I couldn’t hide the worry behind a callused gaze. So many souls, yet safe—yet alive. We would live here together, for as long as it took. A patched brute approached from the rear, his eyes wide and bright with alabaster stripe aglow in the shadowed light. I frowned as he came, recognizing him from battle—a fray sorely lost on his part. The bile which likely rose behind throat was subdued for the sake of our circumstance. He addressed Apollo, inquiring for some lover, or mate. A flicker of compassion rose in my heart and memory was shot back to a dark mare; forever out of reach. I jerked and came out of thoughts back into the present.

Another approached, a lass with dark skin and bright feathers. Her electric eyes landed upon each of us in turn. I glanced her way and replied, “We know not. But will try regardless. You’ll find Guacho assembling Throat and Edge troops down yon trail.” Snout shifted to point toward a distant path she may or may not be able to see, “See yourself there if your of the mind, we welcome your strength.” Lakota echoed my response, making a point to add that we needed to visit with the gods. Our Oracle Africa had been warned by the Sun, yet he hadn’t shared with how we were supposed to muster a counter. Such information would have made life much simpler. As it stood, we were in the dark, just as those who had fallen ill.

Lakota also mentioned her swiped abilities and a promotion. I nodded, not seeing a need to add anything more. Apollo was still a healer at least, “Africa is our Oracle, she is among us and will willingly offer her abilities.” When my painted brother said that he wasn’t of a mind for war I smiled, just a little for his sake, “Yar, brother, ye can fight when your back is against the wall.” Gently I nudged his taller shoulder, a playful symbol in these trying times; yet my gaze mindfully glanced at the pointed crystal like weapon sitting upon his brow, “Your talents of mending are more useful, we have ample fighters—but so few who can fix the brokenness that has come.” Yet another from the ranks of Foothills came forward, begging to go find stragglers, I paused then added after his plee and the one called
Ampere spoke in his favor, “A warning friend, I know not what powers you possess; but it is said that our magic is of little use against them. Be wary if ye travel beyond these walls, ye might find your family nothing more than a reflection of the past.”

Gold melted into a soft warmth of consideration, I felt for his needs and understood the desire to rescue those that had been lost to this darkness. Turning again to Apollo and Lakota, “As another option, if ye is a bonded, send your companion instead—the creatures of death seem to have little interest in our soul bonds.” Gaze shifted again toward the couple, “I’d offer my own to aid your cause. She is quick and bright. Favors the sky over this dreary cave.”

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
In the Dead of Night - by Apollo - 01-11-2014, 03:36 PM
RE: In the Dead of Night - by Midas - 01-11-2014, 05:28 PM
RE: In the Dead of Night - by Lakota - 01-12-2014, 07:22 AM
RE: In the Dead of Night - by Locket - 01-12-2014, 10:02 AM
RE: In the Dead of Night - by Apollo - 01-12-2014, 10:30 AM
RE: In the Dead of Night - by Arrane - 01-12-2014, 01:36 PM
RE: In the Dead of Night - by Midas - 01-12-2014, 05:25 PM
RE: In the Dead of Night - by Tharos - 01-12-2014, 11:07 PM
RE: In the Dead of Night - by Ampere - 01-12-2014, 11:18 PM
RE: In the Dead of Night - by Guinevere - 01-13-2014, 01:34 AM