the Rift

last hope

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
come and watch over me like the pale moonlight

As the claybank mare began to pass out her herbs she heard other words fall from the Wingleader's mouth. It was the same question that was shaking at her soul, causing her to feel her heart pound against the chest cavity that it was located in. Her head was not completely there, at least not there in taking in all of her surroundings. She couldn't make herself do it. Not with the looming threat of those that were like the dark stag that might appear again. She was afraid if she looked too closely her mind would break and that she would be of absolutely no use to anyone. And, since she didn't see Smoke or Mirage in those which she had tried to gather after the phoenix, she was even more concerned that things were beginning to go horribly, horribly wrong.

Resplendence hadn't fully recognized the mare that had followed her from the palomino's side, and it was only when she saw the creation peering into her herb box that Res even snapped back to attention enough to see the oddities of the mare. She was glass. Instantly, Res feels her gut drop. Had Kahlua tried to replace her? Had Kahlua found a way to make a glass horse because Res hadn't been there for her enough? Was she going to be losing her best friend too? The shock bleeds off of her face quickly, though, as she sees the mare's rapidly blinking eyes, and concern floods into the lines of her face.

She speaks, the glass creation is stumbling over her words a little bit. But, she asks if she can learn from Res, asking if she can be taught about medicine and healing. Res nods her head as she hears the mare's name. Ayelet. She would commit this to memory. That much she knew. Res's voice doesn't fall from her lips, not yet at least. Quilyan is quickly covering the distance between the entrance and her side. His maw brushes against her forehead, moving some of her forelock to the side. He says that they are safe, but there is nothing but doubt in his voice. Quietly, she looks up toward her knight, fear shining in her eyes. Don't make promises you can't keep... She thinks as she looks over toward Kaj who is now looming at the end of the pack - a giant frame of comfort that she would willingly burrow into at any point. In fact, the idea of burrowing between both Quil and Kaj seemed very appealing at the moment. At least then she would have some semblance of safety in her mind that was becoming easily shattered.

Kaj is speaking then, saying that everyone should rest. But, when he volunteers for first watch Res is instantly moving forward to try and get to his side. I'm not losing you because you're going to be an idiot and try and play hero when you aren't fit! She thinks to herself, but the next words from his mouth have Res freezing halfway there. Moon Doctor? But Smoke wasn't here. "But. I-. Smoke." She fumbles over her words as he speaks to Destrier, rolling his shoulders and then groaning a little it. Kaj had been given Mirage's crown. Mirage had left them. It was with that simple statement that the dun's heart shattered. Her family was falling apart before her eyes. She is moving over quickly to Kaj's side now, not paying attention to the throbbing of her own hooves from the distance she had needed to travel.

She does not ask Kaj before she starts prodding around. Her maw inspecting his wings and moving his feathers. "Don't be stupid." She warns him, the groan that had left his mouth earlier concerning her. If it was more than just physical exhaustion she could lose someone else. She wasn't about to let that happen. "Stay." Her voice was strong, at first, but as she allowed "Please, Kaj." to fall from her lips it was much weaker, much more afraid for his safety. She's sliding between the horses and back to her box, grabbing a couple of herbs for the joints. And, then she returned to his side and shoved them at him. Her eyes staring intently at him. She will not lose him for him trying to play hero.

Dropping them down at his feet she pushes them closer before saying, "Take them. They'll help your stiff joints." She said, before dropping her voice. "I will do my best to fill the place of Smoke, if you mean to tell me that she is gone as well. Kaj... it's all falling apart..." her voice breaks, and it is all she has in her to not break down and start to cry. Only a few seconds of a deep breath and she looks back over to Ayelet, "I'd love to give you what knowledge I can if you'd help in return..."'

Res's eyes shifted between Quil and Destrier, both would need something as well. But Des had needed to drag the wagon with him. Again, she shuffles through her herb box and pulls out a different joint reliever than the one before. "You too. Eat them." she said as she dropped them at his feet, her ear pinning a little as she held her maw in a straight line.

She was not about to lose anyone else.
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
last hope - by Evangeline - 01-12-2014, 05:48 PM
RE: last hope - by Resplendence - 01-12-2014, 06:31 PM
RE: last hope - by Destrier - 01-13-2014, 02:18 PM
RE: last hope - by Ayelet - 01-13-2014, 09:15 PM
RE: last hope - by Quilyan - 01-18-2014, 03:11 AM
RE: last hope - by Kaj - 01-19-2014, 06:00 PM
RE: last hope - by Resplendence - 01-20-2014, 03:58 PM